Trying to figure-MSI 251RX is it the upgrade for me?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
niros

Trying to figure-MSI 251RX is it the upgrade for me?

Post by niros » 09 May 2020, 03:56

Hey,
I'm asking this because NewEgg listed MSI mag251rx for a decent price and ship to my country

So right now i'm using my 6years old BenQ XL2420G 144hz G-Sync monitor and I'm looking for an upgrade that will be future proof (I plan to build a new PC in few months)

My Most played game in the last year is Apex Legends but i do find my self playing other games sometimes like Path of Exile/Witcher 3 and Skyrim (I'm a fan of RPG's and ARPG)

In the last month i was sure that i want to get the most comeptetive monitor available to get my self an advantange in games like Apex but latly i am thinking and the new gen IPS can offer awesome results for FPS games but also the great experience for RPG'S and even Desktop use

And it seems that right now the MSI MAG251RX is the king of IPS 240HZ and it has some awesome results for ghosting/Overshoot
So I'm asking if this is the best option for me to get the best of both worlds (A strong monitor for ranked games at Apex legends+IPS benefits for the other games i like to play)

*I was thinking about going 1440p 144hz but i cant find LG 850-B anywhere and it also almost twice expansive

niros

Re: Trying to figure-MSI 251RX is it the upgrade for me?

Post by niros » 09 May 2020, 10:06

Well , i almost ordered the MSI from NewEgg only to find out that they dont offer any warranty at all other than the 30days return window

so its a bit risky.. right? buying a monitor for full price and get no warranty at all..