Deciding between G-sync vs non G-sync 240hz

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Cecmahumane

Deciding between G-sync vs non G-sync 240hz

Post by Cecmahumane » 16 May 2020, 10:09

I was really excited for my pre order of the Ben q Zowie xl2546S as it is 240hz and has the 0.5 gtg response time. But now I'm wondering if i should wait for a monitor that has g-sync as well should I play other games than the competitive shooter I usually play. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Deciding between G-sync vs non G-sync 240hz

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 May 2020, 21:21

Cecmahumane wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:09
I was really excited for my pre order of the Ben q Zowie xl2546S as it is 240hz and has the 0.5 gtg response time. But now I'm wondering if i should wait for a monitor that has g-sync as well should I play other games than the competitive shooter I usually play. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
The XL2546S with the S suffix, has FreeSync (G-SYNC Compatible) if you turn off DyAc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

chanci

Post by chanci » 31 May 2020, 05:46

I turn on Gsync even in comp games. I recently tested Gsync on vs off in Valorant and the game just looks more smooth and crisp with Gsync on. I notice 0 input lag. In theory there maybe 1-3 ms input lag but considering the human reaction is ~200 ms this is not noticeable. After researching, it is not completely retarded to use Gsync in competitive games. For example Seagull, former Overwatch pro (competed in overwatch league) confirms to be using Gsync.

Edit: what I am trying to say is that Gsync is totally worth it, for me at least, not only in regular games but also in competitive.

fowteen

Post by fowteen » 31 May 2020, 07:26

There are a lot of pros who use gsync in fortnite too. It really helps in fast paced games where you are moving your camera/view around a lot to always get a clear image with no tears.