Choosing a new monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Gzr

Choosing a new monitor

Post by Gzr » 20 May 2020, 05:08

Hello everyone!

This seems to be the place to ask exactly what I'm looking for! So, right to the chase!

I'm looking for a new monitor, mainly with the least motion blur possible. Right now I have a 23.8" LG 1080p IPS panel (LG 24MK430H-B). It's a budget model but it seems I lucked out since there is very little and virtually impercetible glow and I'm generally quite happy with it. However, I'm looking to go bigger, 1440p and of course, as little motion blur as possible. I was looking initially at 32" (or 31.5" rather) monitors, but, since any blur reducing tech just doesn't exist at lower than 100hz and all of those are 60 to 75hz max, next best thing is a 27".

I have looked at the classic recommendations, but even the XG270, which is the cheapest, is a little too much for me, at 550 euros. I'm only looking at IPS monitors, whatever VA I could experience had tragic ghosting/blur and TN panels don't do it for me. Note, I don't really play any esports/fps titles, mainly open world games but motion blur is a pet peeve of mine and I do notice - and try to ignore it -, both in gaming as well as just watching videos.

Do you have any suggestions for such a monitor at a lower budget with those specs?

Many thanks in advance!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Choosing a new monitor

Post by RealNC » 20 May 2020, 06:22

Moved to appropriate section.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.