Track record of strengths and weaknesses of manufacturers for newbies?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
orangetuner

Track record of strengths and weaknesses of manufacturers for newbies?

Post by orangetuner » 12 Jun 2020, 19:25

I've been looking through the monitors recommendation lists and reading articles on here about monitor technology thats been extremely informative. When I check the forums there seems to be a lot more general information that I found and I was curious...

What does the blur busters community believe what some manufacturers do better than others? For example from looking at the forums I see Benq is the only manufacturer thats listed on the main board. Am I wrong to assume Benq zowie is leading in the monitor world? They claim their products have been providing some of the lowest input lag, motion blur elimination and response time options available for some time now and thats why they're used for esports.

Are there manufactures thats better than benq at anything like color for IPS, TN and VA panels?

What are others areas that manufacturers have strength or weaknesses in compared to others?