The Official *MSI Optix MAG251RX* Owners Thread

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ko4

Re: The Official *MSI Optix MAG251RX* Owners Thread

Post by ko4 » 11 Oct 2020, 10:40

Anyone found a fix for the backlight staying on when it goes to sleep on displayport?

Joel D

Post by Joel D » 11 Oct 2020, 11:55

I don't notice this problem. When mine goes to sleep it looks like it is off. If you mean the led colored light in the rear of the monitor then that is turned off via the OSD panel options somewhere.

ko4

Post by ko4 » 11 Oct 2020, 12:18

Joel D wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 11:55
I don't notice this problem. When mine goes to sleep it looks like it is off. If you mean the led colored light in the rear of the monitor then that is turned off via the OSD panel options somewhere.
thats weird. theres another user in this thread with the same problem. The backlight stays on when windows puts the monitor to sleep. Doesn't happen to any of my other monitors. This only happens with displayport though, and not with hdmi.
Are you on hdmi or displayport

EDIT:
this only seems to happen in muli monitor configurations

Joel D

Post by Joel D » 11 Oct 2020, 13:40

I am on DisplayPort.

Ahhh, yes I am using single monitor config.

I am no genius at this, but would results be different if you assigned the MSI differently in the multiple monitor settings thing ? Like make it not #1 but #2 or vice versa. Also, the setting where you make one be the one that has the taskbar/start menu etc.. and the other does not. Try switching it around to see if you get different results.

Maybe the MSI needs to be the master one to fully go to sleep ? Or vice versa.

purplew

Post by purplew » 11 Oct 2020, 14:12

ko4 wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:18
Joel D wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 11:55
thats weird. theres another user in this thread with the same problem. The backlight stays on when windows puts the monitor to sleep. Doesn't happen to any of my other monitors. This only happens with displayport though, and not with hdmi.

EDIT:
nope I just learned to close my monitor every time I leave my desk

Siran

Post by Siran » 15 Oct 2020, 10:39

ko4 wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:18

EDIT:
Good to know I'm not the only one. I have a multi monitor configuration as well. Drove me nuts, but I just turn the monitor off when I'm longer afk. I wanted to try another DP cable instead of the one that came with the monitor but haven't gotten around to it yet.

sndhck

Post by sndhck » 08 Nov 2020, 13:53

Can someone tell me what color settings are you using? I have some problems with this monitor with eye strain.

Thasios

Post by Thasios » 11 Nov 2020, 15:07

Hi all,

Regarding the issue with the monitor not going to sleep correctly when using DP, i actually brought this up with MSI a few months ago, and they then confirmed it was an issue and that they then started working on a firmware update to fix it. They recently got back to me that the firmware update is done, and i will have to contact the MSI support and arrange a way to send it to one of their workshops or something so that they can update the firmware. So if you are having issue with this, contact the MSI support and they will help you fix it. Unfortunaly i have already returned my monitor (simply because of the 1080p, if it were 1440p it would be the perfect monitor) But i thought you guys might enjoy this fix :)

Pigall

Post by Pigall » 20 Nov 2020, 11:01

I just got this monitor and it looks realy nice. But when i enable Gsync in ncp it says its not validated. I bought this monitor just to get a validated gsync monitor (it is listed on nvidias homepage). Is it just my unit or does anyone else have this "bug". I got an RTX 2070S so i know it should work.

Joel D

Post by Joel D » 20 Nov 2020, 14:43

Pigall wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 11:01
I just got this monitor and it looks realy nice. But when i enable Gsync in ncp it says its not validated. I bought this monitor just to get a validated gsync monitor (it is listed on nvidias homepage). Is it just my unit or does anyone else have this "bug". I got an RTX 2070S so i know it should work.
Yea that's the way it is for everyone. I think just some cosmetic issue on nvidias parts really.