ASUS PG43UQ resolution problems

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
yavordh

ASUS PG43UQ resolution problems

Post by yavordh » 17 Jun 2020, 12:03

Hello,

Recently I bought ASUS PG43UQ. By specifications the monitor is 43-inch 4K (3840 x 2160) VA with 144Hz refresh rate and support DSC (Display Stream Compression). Unfortunately, my current video card is Nvidia GTX 1080 (with updated DisplayPort 1.3 / 1.4 firmware) so I can’t use the full potential of the monitor and I’m stuck at 4K/144Hz/8bpc/YCbCr422 (the card do not support DSC). The chroma subsampling is really annoying in Windows and I’m traying to set the monitor to 4K/120Hz/8bpc/RGB. Even the option is selectable in the Nvidia control panel, when I hit the Apply button the screen just goes black and after that noting is changed. The same thing happens when I try to set the resolution to 4K/98Hz/10bpc/RGB, but in this case the 10bpc option is not available. HDR option in Windows 10 I always “off”. So, I try several thinks, including switching with another DisplayPort 1.4 cable and another DP output from my graphics card, reset the monitor settings to default, reinstall Nvidia latest driver in safe mode with DDU, but nothing changes the situation. There is clearly something wrong but I have no more ideas. So, if someone is facings such problem or have idea what more I can try, place let me know.

screen.jpg
screen.jpg (225.91 KiB) Viewed 1427 times