The absolute best CRT Experience?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
LordGurciullo

The absolute best CRT Experience?

Post by LordGurciullo » 19 Jun 2020, 10:00

A while ago I was on here researching monitors and decided that the XL2546 was the way to go.

You guys all told me (Chief especially) For the absolute best anti motion blur, lowest input lag, smoothest experience with a computer that can hit 240frames the XL2546 is the way to go. I have an i9900k at 5 and a 2080 super (will be upgrading to a 3080ti when they arrive). My gaming goals are 182hz (for games that hit that) and 240 hz (for games that hit that) and then maybe gsync for games like red dead that hit 70-100.

I've heard nothing beats Dyac+.

Heres some input lag tests
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tests/inputs/input-lag
I can't find any info on the xl2746s monitor but the best available seems to be 4.6ms on and 2.7 off.
Personally I can't play without anti motion blur. I was on a crt from 92-2019 and I wish I still was.

I wonder what the xl2746s is... maybe 3.5 ms with dyac +??

I run on 23 persistence and earliest strobe phase 12 (which puts the crosstalk what seems to me right below the crosshair)
With the increased brightness of the xl2476s I might be able to do persistance 25! (even better anti motion blur) with the increased brightness yah?

The viewsonic elite that Chief worked on and the asus vg279qm Both seem to be fast.. and I'm not a fan of TN but fast is fast and I feel everything.

I'd like to hear Chief's thoughts on the Viewsonic, the vg279qm, and the xl2746s which seem to be the top 3 contenders...
One has ELMB Sync
One was configured by Chief
and the other is the Zowie...

I was going to buy one of each and test all but I actually have other things in life to do and I've had a Zowie for 7 years now without issues. I love my xl2546 but something that is bigger. better. brighter. faster and has better colors sounds amazing.

Heres a review from a guy who is pretty serious
Fr33thy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy6QPIn9ORI

He says HDMI works faster ... is that even possible?
also I've been running dyac on all the time... I didn't know it wasn't built to do that on my xl2546... is that an issue?