Share your experience (good and bad) with gaming on 27 inch/1080P

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kofman13

Share your experience (good and bad) with gaming on 27 inch/1080P

Post by kofman13 » 23 Jun 2020, 09:23

I am not a competitive player per se. I am serious about “trying” to be good lol. . At the same time I play a good amount of casual stuff and the only “serious” game I play is apex legends and warzone like 1-2 hours a day(I go on and off with overwatch and rocket league but im not a COMPETITIVE gamer)I will never play CSGO seriously or Siege etc or anything professionally.. The rest is casual exploration/building/sandbox games with friends. And I often take into account things that are making me better or worse, whether its my computer, mouse, mousepad etc. And now im focusing on a new monitor.

I currently play on an LG Ultrawide 29 inch monitor 75hz. But I play in 16:9 aspect ratio because 21:9 ultra wide is too big for me to be focused and competitive, my eyes move around too much. My 29inch ultra wide in 16:9 aspect ratio is the equivalent to a 22 inch regular monitor and I already keep it kind of far away ( I have a deep desk though at 34 inches deep).

My no.1 monitor im about to buy is the Acer Predator XB273 X G sync module version and its 27 inches 1080P which is a big jump up from my 22 inch viewing area now. I personally think if a monitor is too big for pixel density you can just move it farther away. I don’t understand how people say that’s not true, unless they have a very shallow desk and can’t move it farther away.

So I THINK ill be okay if I get 27 inches and just move it farther but I cant say for sure because I’ve never gamed on anything bigger than this 22 inch, before that was 23 inch regular monitor.

Has anyone gotten 27 inches and WAS able to move it farther away and got used to it? I honestly am not a pixel peeper and 1080P has always been fine again but ive never tried on 27 inches, but it seems like only a few inches more shouldn’t be a big deal if I move farther away. Like in my livingroom my 60 inch TV is far away and even with 720p content I cant tell pixels after a certain distance.