just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Alpha

Re: just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Post by Alpha » 20 Jul 2020, 13:01

Companies website setup like Acer literally just makes me want to pass regardless of performance. Its just awful. Thankfully kind folks like those here can set the record straight. It doesn't appear there is a 25 inch variant of this monitor? 25 inches, G Sync module, IPS @ 240hz with same input latency and ULMB?

Regardless of hype, I've been waiting on the VG259QM (just something new). Is there a comparison (not one that is written per say) to be found with the newer panels? Like spreadsheet or is lack of inventory making finding reviews with numbers on all of these such a PIA to find?

Some of these comments I find confusing especially with games like Warzone. You have 12hz tick rate servers where the server is literally seeing two points during movement and that is it. The rest (meaning what the client is seeing) is interpolation or extrapolation I am not sure what they used but its predictive. This is naturally done so on the client doesn't appear at 12 frames a second best case. So there are instances where what the client is seeing could be frames behind what is actually happening.

In any case, I'm top 10% in the world in Warzone currently ranked 19,000 in kills but have been as high as 698, I play with the best in world in Siege, my physical average measured response time is 145ms (LG 850) and I can not tell the difference between my Omen X 27 or Omen X 25F except that I flat out prefer the 25 due to size and less movement, pushing back the monitor no good. FOV changes of any type destroy me as I have to get used to the change that is worse feeling than a sensitivity change (brains way of doing the math and muscle memory as I understand it). While I haven't actually paid attention and maybe that is what I am missing, with my GL850 that has nearly double the input lag as the others I just looked up on rtings and only 144hz, I can't say I noticed seeing or feeling any difference. What is making the XB273 so good in terms of competitive advantage? Is it the GSync module or low input lag? I need to AB all my displays and I would probably get it so apologies for not doing that first. Maybe it's night and day if I look for it. I would think not likely with Warzone though as highest FPS I've seen in game is 215 and that is rare and using Nvidia's BS 240fps guidelines for competitive play (not even 1080p as they suggest). Siege though sees 240 locked at 1440p.

Are the advantages you're seeing mainly with games fps hitting that refresh ceiling? So I'd notice with Siege but not Warzone? Just trying to understand all of this based on my experiences just fragging out. Thanks everyone. This is complex, I know low input good, little blur as possible good, high refresh rate good, at what point is there diminishing returns? Meaning 2.2ms input @ 165 fps vs a server with a tick rate at 12hz and a 145ms human response time vs 4.3ms input @ 144 fps same server and reaction time. Chief probably has sick knowledge bomb drop article somewhere about all this.

cusideabelincoln

Post by cusideabelincoln » 21 Jul 2020, 04:45

kofman13 wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 07:56
So i been using XB73 for more than two weeks and i am in love with this monitor. it has literally made me twice as good at apex legends if not more, coming from 75 hz slow monitor. love it. the glow and BLB doesnt bother me in 99% of use cases
So the pixel density of 1080p @ 27" doesn't bother you in Apex? Sometimes in Apex, and more often in Warzone, the aliasing can be distracting even on a 1440p 27" monitor.

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 21 Jul 2020, 12:11

cusideabelincoln wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 04:45
kofman13 wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 07:56
So i been using XB73 for more than two weeks and i am in love with this monitor. it has literally made me twice as good at apex legends if not more, coming from 75 hz slow monitor. love it. the glow and BLB doesnt bother me in 99% of use cases
So the pixel density of 1080p @ 27" doesn't bother you in Apex? Sometimes in Apex, and more often in Warzone, the aliasing can be distracting even on a 1440p 27" monitor.
i have a very deep desk and a monitor arm that rotates to be flush with the wall so i view the monitor 34 inches away and its great. it feels the same as when i had a 22 inch monitor jammed up against my face lol. i have the whole screen in the center of my eyes and i have more room on my desk because its up against the wall, not close to my head taking up half the desk. when i got the monitor and my monitor arm didnt come in yet i was forced to have it closer to my eyes like 24 inches away from head and it was too big. not so much pixelated but just too big field of view and i felt my eyes had to move alot. but now that its 34 inches away im absolutely in love with 27 inch and im glad i got this size because it lets me keep it farther away from my eyes. that, coupled with less motion blur, my eyes never get tired anymore

paradox

Post by paradox » 24 Jul 2020, 18:44

this panel is good but hard to drive 240gsync in single player.