just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RLCSContender*

Re: just ORDERED XB273 Xbmiprzx, HYPE is so REAL, advice for settings?

Post by RLCSContender* » 01 Jul 2020, 20:54

I'm reordering this.

it sucks winning games with actual skill., Also, i dont' have FIVE months to wait for the 360hz monitors

also, the 280hz Asus army is annoying me. The low input lag is the only way to stuff these cheaters in the game i play

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 02 Jul 2020, 18:09

RLCScontender wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 20:54
I'm reordering this.

it sucks winning games with actual skill., Also, i dont' have FIVE months to wait for the 360hz monitors

also, the 280hz Asus army is annoying me. The low input lag is the only way to stuff these cheaters in the game i play
welcome back brotha to the XB273 crew. i love mine. the glow/BLB really annoys me when im turning the monitor on and its just a black screen but i never notice it in games and in most videos unless its pitch black scene so i think im going to deal with it and fight my OCD. performance is too good. a month ago i was ready to get a Zowie XL2546S and deal with terrible viewing experience and have that as my "gaming monitor" and my LG ultrawide as my "editing monitor", and now im reading all the horror stories of top half screen being different color and brightness as bottom half and glad i didnt get the zowie TN. so if i was okay with that, ill have to be okay with the glow/bleed with XB 273. the replacement has always a chance to be worse than what i have now or same. too much hassle.

Makie

Post by Makie » 10 Jul 2020, 01:26

The only thing that annoyed me with the xb273x is when it’s connected to my ps4pro via hdmi it doesn’t auto power on when the console turns on. Also I notice the osd has less options compared to the xb253qgx. The xb273x has no ultra low latency option and no game modes.

poiuytrewqas

Post by poiuytrewqas » 15 Jul 2020, 12:03

I recently just got the XG270 from Viewsonic the other day and I'm in love so far! Idk if you guys know anything about the input lag from the XG270, but how would that compare to the XB273 you think? So minimal hard to tell you think?

Makie

Post by Makie » 15 Jul 2020, 15:53

Input lag on the xb273x is god tier. Going back and forth from my Mag251rx which already has elite level input lag, I’m able to discern the difference. When I play apex legends and modern warfare online I’m consistently winning 3 vs 1 fire fights. The enemies seem to just sit there as if they haven’t see you yet but with the xb273x it gives you a small window with the insanely low input lag to take out the enemies before they can even fire back at you that’s how incredible the xb273x is.

I’ve never tried the xg270 but based on reviews it has more input lag than the Mag251rx. In perspective the xb273x is noticeably faster than the Mag251rx which is regarded in this forum as king of 240hz ips monitors.

ballzley

Post by ballzley » 15 Jul 2020, 21:55

I have the G-sync module xb273 x. Why does this thing allow for changing the overdrive, if G-sync is supposed to be variable overdrive?? So, if I accidentally turn on an overdrive setting, will that mean variable overdrive is off? I want tear-free across a long range.

But if I want tear-free and less input lag (at what extent?) across 90-150fps, which overdrive should I use?

kofman13

Post by kofman13 » 16 Jul 2020, 07:56

So i been using XB73 for more than two weeks and i am in love with this monitor. it has literally made me twice as good at apex legends if not more, coming from 75 hz slow monitor. love it. the glow and BLB doesnt bother me in 99% of use cases

invict

Post by invict » 16 Jul 2020, 13:58

@RLCScontender

Iam having a real trouble finding ANY website, or local store (in Portugal), that sells this monitor, i have searched for all europe amazons, the dutch one being the only one who has it inside europe, but does not export to my country, all the other sites inside europe that i found dont export to Portugal either.

I have emailed ACER Portugal with no avail, the response i got is that the only models predicted to be on sale till the end of this year are the ones selling now.

I am even considering the VG259QM from asus which has tons of availability in my country.

Not really sure what to do.

paradox

Post by paradox » 18 Jul 2020, 16:16

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087G ... UTF8&psc=1

Order here before they run out ( if they even do, acer is pretty good as production even during covid ) unlike benq and other manufacturers. Honestly I think zowie might shut down they can barely even process simple refunds and answer questions anymore via email.. I think they are losing too much money during the virus here, and now they discontinued the xls panel. I would not be surprised if they shut down for good..

I have my xb3x ordered amazon there coming august 3rd... Just returned the xl2746s, dyac kept burning my eyes even after lowering blue light filter and tried pushing the panel back. It burned the living Shit out of my eyes no matter what after long use smh. Honestly it did not feel incredibly fast not like tghe pg278qr.. hopefully this acer is end game 2020, i think it will be according to these specs+ real gsync at 240hz SHOULD be incredible.. the Predator panels are always my favorite.

RLCSContender*

Post by RLCSContender* » 18 Jul 2020, 22:34

acer predator xb273x is still faster than hardware unboxed review of the samsung odyssey g7. They measured at 2.8ms g2g even though i measured 4.77ms g2g on the odyssey g7.

still, the predator is faster.

also, don't fret about the 1440p 240hz predator because it's NOT native g-sync so it won't have variable overdrive. The response times and input lag will be MUCH worse.

the predator x25 is just a 240hz monitor overclockable to 360hz. The chances of it being faster than the xb273x predator at 240hz and below is extremely slim. the AUO 27" has a much better maximum response time with feint inverse ghosting than the IPS 24.5" panels. I dont' see how the 360hz predator will have a faster response time. The thing is, if the FPS exceed 240hz, THEN the predator x25 is faster. Then again, can YOU name ONE game than can exceed 240hz FPS that isn't a low end esports game or a 15-20 yr old game? From what i know, it's literally just 3-4 games and most games have FPS limits anyway. So the 360hz monitor is only appealing to literally 2-3 games