Fastest Gaming Monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
sarchaain

Re: Fastest Gaming Monitor

Post by sarchaain » 04 Jul 2020, 15:58

RestTarRr wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 09:25
fowteen wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 07:25

He has mentioned in his monitor tier list forum that he only reviews ips monitors because he doesn't want to sacrifice good colours + viewing angles to get slightly better motion clarity when ips panels are becoming very competitive compared to tn panels in that aspect. Also by 15% faster he is most likely talking about the 280hz refresh rate that those monitors can handle which is around 15% more than 240hz monitors.
The guy is asking for the fastest monitor, not about a monitor with good colors and good viewing angles. He specifically said he is looking at lowest input lag and that he'd be playing cs and other competitive titles. 3 days ago rlcs said that according to his tests another monitor is the best in that input lag. It's also quite possible that a TN is better in esports titles.

It's a bit disingenuous to claim that X is the fastest monitor by 15% in terms of input lag when you haven't tested half the high end monitors out there. If he's constantly going to flame TN panels and heavily push for IPS while saying he isn't biased and that his testing are legit then the least he could do is test them and then return them after testing. That is assuming if he ever responds to chief and it's confirmed that his numbers are legit. Otherwise the only reasonable thing is to take his comments with a huge grain of salt.
Thanks for your input guys :) I looked up the ASUS VG279QM and on rtings it has an input lag of 1.7ms. I would get the Asus VG258QM since 27" is a bit big for me...So the vg259qm would be one possibilty. If you guys have other recommendations go for it, like restarter stated correctly i dont care about viewing angles or colors so TN would be okay too :D Thanks!

fowteen

Post by fowteen » 04 Jul 2020, 16:58

RestTarRr wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 09:25
The guy is asking for the fastest monitor, not about a monitor with good colors and good viewing angles. He specifically said he is looking at lowest input lag and that he'd be playing cs and other competitive titles. 3 days ago rlcs said that according to his tests another monitor is the best in that input lag. It's also quite possible that a TN is better in esports titles.

It's a bit disingenuous to claim that X is the fastest monitor by 15% in terms of input lag when you haven't tested half the high end monitors out there. If he's constantly going to flame TN panels and heavily push for IPS while saying he isn't biased and that his testing are legit then the least he could do is test them and then return them after testing. That is assuming if he ever responds to chief and it's confirmed that his numbers are legit. Otherwise the only reasonable thing is to take his comments with a huge grain of salt.
he is right by saying the vg25/27 9qm is 15% faster than other monitors when talking about refresh rate since they can run at 280hz (15% more than 240hz) and like I said he only measures ips panels not tns because he is not looking for the 'fastest' monitor but best IPS monitor as that is just what he prefers. And I am pretty sure that he mentioned that his tests are not for people looking for definite answers but its really just for him to personally rank the top ips panels after using them.

RestTarRr

Post by RestTarRr » 05 Jul 2020, 02:14

fowteen wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 16:58

he is right by saying the vg25/27 9qm is 15% faster than other monitors when talking about refresh rate since they can run at 280hz (15% more than 240hz) and like I said he only measures ips panels not tns because he is not looking for the 'fastest' monitor but best IPS monitor as that is just what he prefers. And I am pretty sure that he mentioned that his tests are not for people looking for definite answers but its really just for him to personally rank the top ips panels after using them.
Except that it isn't that easy. You can have a 360 hz monitor but if the input lag is 10 seconds then it simply won't be the fastest monitor. There's way more that goes into a monitor than just hz, which is why the current IPS panels are faster that a lot of the old 144hz TNs even when you match the hz. I really don't know why you keep eating up everything he says. You are trying to twist all facts just so that your precious king isn't proven to be biased. The post is about a person asking for the fastest monitor and RLCS gives a definitive answer about it. Nowhere does he state that it's subjective and only his opinion. You can't answer definitively and then say "on a post 3 years ago I said in fine print that I don't give definitive answers, I only test IPS because I don't like the colors of TNs". Even more funny when you have him saying just a few days before that, that the last monitor he tested is easily the fastest monitor he has played on. No matter how you try to twist what happened here, there isn't a single scenario where you defending him makes any sense. He fucked up, even if you refuse to acknowledge it, it won't change what happened.

RestTarRr

Post by RestTarRr » 05 Jul 2020, 02:28

Look what I found about your precious unbiased king. The only reason he suddenly jumped on the asus hype is because he got a dead pixel on the xb273. That's why it's funny that it won't be on his new list when if we assume he is not totally making up the numbers - it is the fastest monitor he has tested and he said so many times.
RLCScontender wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 00:47

people just don't understand the magnitude of importance input lag is in a competitive setting. You can literally play so aggressive yet u won't suffer any mental fatigue bcuz the input lag makes it so that the responsiveness is enough time to make calculated decisions in a sub conscious manner. I smoke TN users all the time when i play ranked matches. At my rank(high grand champ), 80-85% of users use TN.(actually, it's probably 60% now because the 280hz asus army is growing)

I'm starting to see a larger 280hz asus army in ranked matches though(I can see the monitor they use on bakkesmod). They are a bigger pain in the ass than TN because what you may think is a perfect 50/50 situation, they HOLD priority because of their extra 40hz to play with. They are playing at a pace that may not be faster to them, but it's faster to ME because that is how i perceive someone who's playing at a higher refresh rate. Thank god, i have the input lag advantage over the 280hz asus hoard, otherwise it would be an unfair advantage. Yes, they have a frame advantage over me but i have an input lag advantage over them and input lag advantage always wins. This is only contingent if the framerate is above 240hz,

the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz

sarchaain

Post by sarchaain » 05 Jul 2020, 09:39

Hmm it seems like a difficult matter at least :D
So i think that would mean that the two best monitors regarding input lag are the VG259QM and the acer xb273x.
On the other hand it states "the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz".
So are fast TN still better in terms of input lag in comparison to the named Ips-monitors ?:D

EastEndBear

Post by EastEndBear » 05 Jul 2020, 09:55

sarchaain wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 09:39
So i think that would mean that the two best monitors regarding input lag are the VG259QM and the acer xb273x.
On the other hand it states "the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz".
So are fast TN still better in terms of input lag in comparison to the named Ips-monitors ?:D
I think the two monitors you mentioned are best in terms in input lag period, including TNs. The new Zowie may take the cake but we'll have to see.

fowteen

Post by fowteen » 05 Jul 2020, 10:09

RestTarRr wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 02:14
fowteen wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 16:58

Except that it isn't that easy. You can have a 360 hz monitor but if the input lag is 10 seconds then it simply won't be the fastest monitor. There's way more that goes into a monitor than just hz, which is why the current IPS panels are faster that a lot of the old 144hz TNs even when you match the hz. I really don't know why you keep eating up everything he says. You are trying to twist all facts just so that your precious king isn't proven to be biased. The post is about a person asking for the fastest monitor and RLCS gives a definitive answer about it. Nowhere does he state that it's subjective and only his opinion. You can't answer definitively and then say "on a post 3 years ago I said in fine print that I don't give definitive answers, I only test IPS because I don't like the colors of TNs". Even more funny when you have him saying just a few days before that, that the last monitor he tested is easily the fastest monitor he has played on. No matter how you try to twist what happened here, there isn't a single scenario where you defending him makes any sense. He fucked up, even if you refuse to acknowledge it, it won't change what happened.
You are taking this way too seriously :lol: . I never said he was some king. I was just saying that 280 is 15% more than 240, simple as that.

RestTarRr

Post by RestTarRr » 05 Jul 2020, 11:47

You missed the entire point. The point is to not give false "advice". Simple as that. It's so weird to see you triple down on something when it's obvious you are supporting a false argument.

sarchaain

Post by sarchaain » 05 Jul 2020, 12:09

EastEndBear wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 09:55
sarchaain wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 09:39
I think the two monitors you mentioned are best in terms in input lag period, including TNs. The new Zowie may take the cake but we'll have to see.
Hm yea i think so too from what ive read. I orderen the VG258QM now, we will see how it performs. I tested some 240Hz monitor a while ago but since than a bit happened. I will write my opinion on it here :D

Conan

Post by Conan » 05 Jul 2020, 12:23

i dont think any monitor beats xl25(7)46s in that particular case.