Fastest Gaming Monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
cusideabelincoln

Re: Fastest Gaming Monitor

Post by cusideabelincoln » 05 Jul 2020, 15:00

RestTarRr wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 02:28
Look what I found about your precious unbiased king. The only reason he suddenly jumped on the asus hype is because he got a dead pixel on the xb273. That's why it's funny that it won't be on his new list when if we assume he is not totally making up the numbers - it is the fastest monitor he has tested and he said so many times.
RLCScontender wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 00:47

people just don't understand the magnitude of importance input lag is in a competitive setting. You can literally play so aggressive yet u won't suffer any mental fatigue bcuz the input lag makes it so that the responsiveness is enough time to make calculated decisions in a sub conscious manner. I smoke TN users all the time when i play ranked matches. At my rank(high grand champ), 80-85% of users use TN.(actually, it's probably 60% now because the 280hz asus army is growing)

I'm starting to see a larger 280hz asus army in ranked matches though(I can see the monitor they use on bakkesmod). They are a bigger pain in the ass than TN because what you may think is a perfect 50/50 situation, they HOLD priority because of their extra 40hz to play with. They are playing at a pace that may not be faster to them, but it's faster to ME because that is how i perceive someone who's playing at a higher refresh rate. Thank god, i have the input lag advantage over the 280hz asus hoard, otherwise it would be an unfair advantage. Yes, they have a frame advantage over me but i have an input lag advantage over them and input lag advantage always wins. This is only contingent if the framerate is above 240hz,

the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz
The guy is basically talking out of his butt. In that quote, ping is going to play a far bigger factor in 50/50 situations than refresh rate.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Jul 2020, 18:07

RestTarRr wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 02:28
Look what I found about your precious unbiased king. The only reason he suddenly jumped on the asus hype is because he got a dead pixel on the xb273. That's why it's funny that it won't be on his new list when if we assume he is not totally making up the numbers - it is the fastest monitor he has tested and he said so many times.
cusideabelincoln wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 15:00
The guy is basically talking out of his butt. In that quote, ping is going to play a far bigger factor in 50/50 situations than refresh rate.
Forum rules goes with everyone too -- see forum rules on being nice to others here. In other words: When disagreeing with people on forums here, please do so cordially. Appreciated.

His latency methodology has some errors that needs to be clarified (at least for posts prior to this date), and I have reprimanded him on forum rules.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jb_gade324

Post by jb_gade324 » 22 Mar 2021, 11:04

sarchaain wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 12:09
EastEndBear wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 09:55
sarchaain wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 09:39
Hmm it seems like a difficult matter at least :D
So i think that would mean that the two best monitors regarding input lag are the VG259QM and the acer xb273x.
On the other hand it states "the vg279qm/vg259qm are equivalent to SLOW TN at 240hz but become annoying if the framerate is at 280hz".
So are fast TN still better in terms of input lag in comparison to the named Ips-monitors ?:D
I think the two monitors you mentioned are best in terms in input lag period, including TNs. The new Zowie may take the cake but we'll have to see.
Hm yea i think so too from what ive read. I orderen the VG258QM now, we will see how it performs. I tested some 240Hz monitor a while ago but since than a bit happened. I will write my opinion on it here :D
How has your experience with the VG258QM been? I'm stuck between the 8QM, 9QM, and 2456k. No issues with TN, I'm all for speed, and feel like the 8QM has got to be great if you don't mind TN. Worried a 9QM, while fast, just wouldnt feel as fast as an equivalent TN in CS:GO etc.

Thanks

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 22 Mar 2021, 14:33

jb_gade324 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 11:04

How has your experience with the VG258QM been? I'm stuck between the 8QM, 9QM, and 2456k. No issues with TN, I'm all for speed, and feel like the 8QM has got to be great if you don't mind TN. Worried a 9QM, while fast, just wouldnt feel as fast as an equivalent TN in CS:GO etc.

Thanks

I think were at the same spot here. Ive been wanting a new gaming monitor, and I was torn between the XL2546K, Asus 9QM and now I see there is a newer TN 8QM out. I actually purchased and gamed on both the XL2546K and Asus 9QM for about 3 weeks each and I liked both for different reasons. They were very close in performance, input lag, responsiveness etc. I just couldnt decide which one I liked better and returned both until I could decide.

Now, theres a new Asus 8QM TN and I really need to either try or have a in-depth review done because I was definitely leaning towards the Asus 9QM because its $200 cheaper. I kind of wanted the BenQ XL2546K but flat out its just not worth $500 + tax. Youre literally paying $200 for dyac+ and nothing more.

I just dont see what positives the Asus TN 8QM would have over the IPS 9QM. It would need to have some pretty good definitive reasons to go with a TN panel over a fast IPS panel.

sarchaain

Post by sarchaain » 05 May 2021, 12:03

Well it has been some time but i did send the VG258QM back. I think with the 280hz oc settings it had really low input lag but i got headache from that settings. I have the omen x25f and im happy with it. Feelings wise the 240hz setting from the omen compared to the 240hz settings from the asus were the same for input lag. But that was some time ago, seems to be there are a lot of good monitors now :D
Cheers

STOPchris

Post by STOPchris » 05 May 2021, 14:23

RLCSContender* wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 11:04
Sorry about that Topic creator, i didn't answer your question correctly.

If you want little to no input lag, the 240hz Acer 240hz 27" monitors (xb273x/xv273x) have the lowest input lag that i've ever measured. (especially the acer predator xb273x). Even the 240hz acer nitro(the slowest 240hz IPS monitor that i've tested) has lower input lag than one of the fastest TN(nitro xf252q) according to TFTcentral's graph. The native g-sync acer predator xb273x has MUCH MUCH lower input lag than its freesync cousin the acer nitro xv273x which is #1 in rtings and #1 in tftcentral's input lag results. Check out my megathread to see my review.

I do feel for TN owners though. Maybe there's an non-reviewed TN monitor out there somewhere that has lower input lag than the xb3 240hz IPS Acer monitors.

hope that answers your question. Happy 4th of july
There's a new top of the leader on that list at 1.8, the Alienware AW2721D: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/de ... 1d.htm#lag

EDIT: Kind of old post, but thought I'd point out that there are newer monitors with even less lag. Be sure to grab an 8K mouse to go with it, they do make a big difference.

ivanpeace1

Post by ivanpeace1 » 28 May 2021, 19:38

sarchaain wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:03
Well it has been some time but i did send the VG258QM back. I think with the 280hz oc settings it had really low input lag but i got headache from that settings. I have the omen x25f and im happy with it. Feelings wise the 240hz setting from the omen compared to the 240hz settings from the asus were the same for input lag. But that was some time ago, seems to be there are a lot of good monitors now :D
Cheers
Can you please tell me, on the Omen x25f with extreme response time (the fastest response time in the monitor settings) you see artifacts in dynamic scenes? Thanks

sarchaain

Post by sarchaain » 11 Jun 2021, 13:20

ivanpeace1 wrote:
28 May 2021, 19:38
sarchaain wrote:
05 May 2021, 12:03
Cheers
Can you please tell me, on the Omen x25f with extreme response time (the fastest response time in the monitor settings) you see artifacts in dynamic scenes? Thanks
Hey,
yes there are some artifacts, but surely not as bad as with the vg259qm :D
Im currently waiting for the blurbusters approved monitor, we will see how good it is :D
cheers