Reccomendations for second gaming only monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
minimx5

Reccomendations for second gaming only monitor

Post by minimx5 » 08 Jul 2020, 11:31

I playt a lot of FPS quick moving shooters, I'm currently running a Dell 2716DG which is 144hz/1440. I love the monitor but I feel like going back to 1080p for some games so it's a little less taxing and just a snappier feeling.

I've always had TN panels, I'm not too bothered about colours or watching movies etc. It will purely be used for FPS games and I'd like something 27", 1080, maybe 165hz or above and the lowest button to pixel time or input lag time.

The Asus VG278QR came up local to me and I was going to pick it right up and just thought I'd check some reviews first and seen the input lag is quite high at 17.6ms

I know the argument of you don't notice 10ms, I'd just like something that's hitting the numbers of the fastest displays on the market. Maybe it's the 27" that is a stumbling block but that's just what I'm used too and I'd like to stick too if possible, if you guys recommend it I'd drop to 25" for a faster response display.