Immense lag / parallax on laptop (photoshop, youtube etc.)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
breadsword

Immense lag / parallax on laptop (photoshop, youtube etc.)

Post by breadsword » 04 Aug 2020, 10:21

Hello Blur Busters users!

I've been searching for a solution to a problem I've had recently. A few weeks ago I gave my laptop a reboot and defragmented it. Since then it's been working fine with one exception; the screen lags / parallaxes so much. Even when typing this sentence it takes a while to finish my words.

I notice it especially in Photoshop and Youtube. On youtube the video stops for a second while the video sound continues, like it needs to process the screen for a bit, this happens all throughout watching the videos. For Photoshop CTRL+Z or drawing real fast is a killer, it freezes everything and takes a while to load what I've just drawn or the commands I just hit.

I work on a Lenovo Ideapad 310 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 MHz,
Windows 10
16 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 920MX and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 are both installed

Please, I really need someones assistance because as an animator, this really blocks my workflow.