HELP Weird thing middle of screen!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
soranmoradi

HELP Weird thing middle of screen!

Post by soranmoradi » 10 Aug 2020, 05:46

When I cap my games at 144fps (144hz) i get this weird warping in the middle of my screen, accompanied by change in mouse sensitivity. If I cap my fps above or below 144, I get bad input lag. The issue is consistent across all games. I have tried everything to fix the issue:
new gpu, friend's gpus etc., new cpu, new psu, different monitors, different storages, new ram, Different wires for everything, new/different motherboards, almost every trouble shooting (updating drivers, rolling back drivers, reinstalling windows multiple times, in different ways, updating bios). The only thing that I havent changed or tried something else is my computer case. The case originally came with the wire for the powerswitches and stuff at the bottom of the motherboard. Thats the only thing i havent changed or tried differently (but I doubt its the case). I have been struggling with this issue for a year or maybe even more and just cannot seem to get rid of it, and I can't yet afford a completely new pc (if that even fixes the problem lol) . Please help me before i just smash the thing to pieces XD. I have tried vsync on/off/adaptive/fast sync. EVERYTHING. I am giving as much info as possible in case someone can help me fix this. My current specs are i7-9700k, 2070super, 32gb 3200mhz ram, aorus 2370 Elite, 850W PSU, 240hz monitor (same issue as 144hz, terrible input lag below 240fps, and screen choppiness),
Attachments
screen tear.jpg
screen tear.jpg (97.13 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: HELP Weird thing middle of screen!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 11 Aug 2020, 19:39

Does it happen in all games?

Have you completely uninstalled the graphics drivers before reinstalling? Try that.

Reset everything in NVIDIA Control Panel to defaults.

If that doesn't fix it... what model of 240Hz monitor and does the problem happen with www.testufo.com/photo in full screen mode too? And windowed mode too? If so, then report that -- tearing in a browser application can indicate an unusually different problem that requires a completely different troubleshooting path.

Does it happen when you try a different monitor or your television set (60Hz or 120Hz)? There are firmware bugs in some models of gaming monitors that are sometimes fixable with custom timings in a Custom Resolution Utility (e.g. 239Hz, or slightly larger/bigger vertical total, etc). Is this a generic 240 Hz monitor or a brand name 240 Hz monitor? Also, test your monitor with www.testufo.com/frameskipping too.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!