Mice Advice

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Adrastus

Mice Advice

Post by Adrastus » 01 May 2014, 14:21

I couldn't find a specific thread relating to this topic, so I thought I'd stop lurking and attempt to contribute. :)

Not many don't think of upgrading their mouse when they upgrade to a 60Hz+ experience. It certainly wasn't something I contemplated when upgrading my setup, but having upgraded my peripherals since I purchased a new monitor, it is something I would highly recommend doing.

For me, there's no different way about it: the optical mouse is king when resting upon a suitable surface.

Regardless of whatever features they cram into laser mice nowadays, the optical mouse is by far smoothest. This difference (to me) is only exaggerated when using a mouse with a high polling rate (1000Hz) and a 60Hz+ gaming monitor.

I'm currently using a Zowie EC1 EVO. Having tried quite a few different gaming mice in the past, this is by far the best. I would highly recommend giving it a try upon a Steelseries QCK gaming surface for an extremely smooth experience.

Hope this thread will be of some use to anybody spoiled for choice.

c0re

Re: Mice Advice

Post by c0re » 01 May 2014, 18:33

I'm waiting for Logitech G502 12K DPI somewhere in May and will buy Logitech G440 gaming surface, that is perfectly synergies with G502 mouse.