SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD (LC32G55TQWNXZA)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
quenepas

SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD (LC32G55TQWNXZA)

Post by quenepas » 13 Oct 2020, 13:50

Hello everyone! First post!

Just got the LC32G55TQWNXZA on Prime Day (still hasnt arrived yet) and it sold out about 45 minutes after buying. The 27" version is still available and on sale. Even if it had 2 popular bad reviews, one is a guy with an Xbox (heh...) and the other one dont even provided specs or settings, etc. I could take in consideration an Amazon review for a spatula or a garden hose but for something tech or gaming? I prefer a good YouTube review from a reputable source, a magazine with a sound review/testing methodology and then reddit/forums for the nitty gritty.

That said, I've have/had plenty Samsung devices like smartphones, tablets, SSDs, TVs, monitors etc (all are still working today, the oldest device is like 8 years or so) but never a "Gaming monitor" so I think I trust the brand enough to give it a chance even after looking for LC32G55TQWNXZA reviews but seems the monitor is too new and nothing of value came up. If the monitor isnt good I'll just return it but before that I would like to throw everything I can to it to check if it's good enough to keep taking in consideration other monitors at that price/performance ratio.

My specs:

i5 3570k OCd to 4.2GHz
1060 GTX EVGA OCd about 10%
16GB RAM
(not cutting edge but enough to test oldish games at high fps, CSGO, Overwatch, DOTA, FN, as well as plenty 2D games which I would LOVE to reduce the backgrund blur)

I'm also testing the Predator Helios 300 laptop that can output 120hz thru it's HDMI 2.0.

This will be interesting comparios/upgrade because my current monitor is a Samsung 27" CF591 Curved LED Monitor that I have overclocked to 72hz via custom display and both are very similar: Samsung, VA panel, curved, FREEsync... (spec comparison from Samsung website attached.)

So I would like to know which tests I could do taking in consideration the specs they have to get the best info and help others and myself in these models.

As for my current LC27F591FDNXZA the colors are great, blacks are very nice but the blur, specially in 2D games is very bad. If this new one I got fix this issue and with added HDR at the price I paid $300~ this would be a winner imho.

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (108.9 KiB) Viewed 3531 times

quenepas

Re: SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD (LC32G55TQWNXZ

Post by quenepas » 17 Oct 2020, 14:34

Review: I think for the price it is a good monitor but the ghosting was very bad. You could see a black trail after UFO at perfect 144hz sync w/one Chrome screen (latest version), DP cable, and nothing else running in task bar (MB off AV off etc). It is a great budget monitor if coming from small 19-24" 1080p 60hz but Samsung description of 1ms MPRT is just marketing to push monitors. This doesnt look any better than 4ms GtG. I even installed the drivers off Samsung website (the distribution file was still in Korean) but motion blur remained the same.
Testing was done with above computers, methodology and 2 DP and 2 HDMI cables. Keep on looking this one isnt it.

Luwe

Re: SAMSUNG 32-Inch G5 Odyssey Gaming Monitor with 1000R Curved Screen, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync Premium, QHD (LC32G55TQWNXZ

Post by Luwe » 28 Oct 2020, 01:23

Can anyone do a blur test on this monitor?