preparing for black friday - need help!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
DisplayNoob

preparing for black friday - need help!

Post by DisplayNoob » 24 Oct 2020, 11:29

Hey guys!,

I'm holding on to buy myself a new gaming Monitor on the black friday/cyber monday weekend and I'm really not sure which one to buy. I've read a few recommendations, guides, asked friends of mine etc., but the more i read the more I think there is a lot of opinions but not a lot of experts.
So I got a few questions now and I hope to find the answers here! The only thing I know is that I want to buy a 27", 144+ Hz G-Sync Monitor.
My gaming PC specs: MSI Infinite 9s gaming PC, intel i5-9400f, nvidia RTX 2060, 8GB RAM, ..

1.) WQHD vs. FHD
As I'm going for 27" some people state I have to go for a WQHD monitor as FHD does not look too good on such a "large" screen. On the other side I just want to maximize my frames and I really don't know, how many FPS I can get with a WQHD monitor? I want to hit 144+ Hz consistently and for me this is more important as I'm just playing shooter games like warzone and apex legends. So could i even get to 144Hz on WQHD with my setup?

2.) Curved vs. flat
Old debate, I know, but I've heard everything here. People swearing on curved and otherwise because "it's not worth it for 27" displays", but when I see a really good offer for a curved display on BF should i consider taking it over a flat screen? I'm sitting roughly 70-80cm away from my display

3.) G-Sync vs. Freesync
As I got an RTX 2060 I thought G-Sync compatibility is enough, but I've read for a few times now that G-sync is better than just the Free-sync/G-Sync compatibility part. Is that true?

Thanks in advance guys, I hope someone here can help me and maybe you've got a recommendation what Monitors fits my purposes/setup best and what I should watch out for on black friday.
- my budget is about 300€ (hoping for a good offer) by the way.