I'm absolutely desperate for some help fixing my PC issue which has spanned multiple PCs

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
StarWarsCoffee

Re: I'm absolutely desperate for some help fixing my PC issue which has spanned multiple PCs

Post by StarWarsCoffee » 31 Dec 2021, 22:23

Yuiiski wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 22:33
oneils wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 10:37
Were all of these machines plugged into the same electrical outlet? If so, does your surge protector have a notification on it to tell you if the power is grounded or not? After years of issues with my setup, i finally noticed that my outlet wasn't properly grounded and switched to another one and things worked a lot better.

Dunno, worth a shot.
I can now confirm that it's 100% an electrical issue, I got a brand new PC the other day, I got it pre-built just to be on the safe side that I wasn't messing up during the building process. I took it to another house first and played it all day with zero issues. I then took it back to my house, plugged it in, loaded up a game, and boom, constant stuttering just like the PC before, tested multiple games and the stuttering was present in all games again. I took the PC back to my friend's house the following day and the stuttering remained....

So basically, plugging any PC into my house instantly ruins it. I have no idea what would cause this but it sucks.
Have you tried calling an electrician to come and check out all the outlets in your house to see if they are running at the correct voltage? What about the power leading to your house?

Trying to think about this logically, it makes no sense why multiple machines over several years would experience the exact same issue only at your house specifically unless it’s related to power.

You said your new machine worked flawlessly and your friends house, but then it had the same issue at your house and you didn’t change a single thing between that time? But then the issue persisted afterwards?

Then the only thing I can possibly think of is that the outlets you are plugging into either (a) aren’t grounded and/or (b) are supplying way too much power to your PC. In both cases you could be overloading your power supply and causing permanent damage (think of like a huge surge that it can’t handle). Once your PS is permanently damaged, it then struggles to deliver adequate and consistent power to your PC when it’s calling for it hence the dips in performance.

It has to be related to the outlets you are plugging into because there is absolutely no other reason why brand new machines just wouldn’t work for you when they work fine for other people or work fine in other locations. And I highly doubt it’s just random EMI in the air or something.

Get your outlets checked by an electrician immediately and make sure you are plugging a PC into the appropriately powered voltage socket. I guarantee that’s part of the problem…

lavar

Re: I'm absolutely desperate for some help fixing my PC issue which has spanned multiple PCs

Post by lavar » 05 Nov 2022, 05:37

got the same issue as u dude i tested so many monitors mice computers its crazy..

i plug it in my house it ruins it.. take it back to buddies doesnt work like WTF is going on its crazy not many people have this issue they all think its pc parts but its not.. i connect it to power conditioner then new pc and still messes up