MSI mag251rx too dark / optimal colour settings

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Swiish

MSI mag251rx too dark / optimal colour settings

Post by Swiish » 01 Nov 2020, 15:42

I love my mag251rx, I think it has great colours and on the "Fastest" setting it gets the job done. The problem is this thing is too damn dark. I've recently been playing Tarkov again and the game is so much easier to play on my second monitor (Asus vg248qe). I understand you can't really change the actual brightness setting on the monitor itself but are there any workarounds for this? Third party programs? What are the optimal colour settings for this monitor? Thanks again guys!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: MSI mag251rx too dark / optimal colour settings

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Nov 2020, 16:05

Gamma setting in NVIDIA Control Panel can help greatly.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

purplew

Re: MSI mag251rx too dark / optimal colour settings

Post by purplew » 01 Nov 2020, 23:44

Swiish wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 15:42
I love my mag251rx, I think it has great colours and on the "Fastest" setting it gets the job done. The problem is this thing is too damn dark. I've recently been playing Tarkov again and the game is so much easier to play on my second monitor (Asus vg248qe). I understand you can't really change the actual brightness setting on the monitor itself but are there any workarounds for this? Third party programs? What are the optimal colour settings for this monitor? Thanks again guys!
Set night vision to strongest