VG259QM Problem

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
jingo09

VG259QM Problem

Post by jingo09 » 07 Dec 2020, 09:31

hello i bought new monitor and i wonder what his problem.
first there is a black screen once in a while in games or if i touch the settings (maybe the gsync but not only) and i need to turn off the monitor and turn on again to continue.
except the colors (i dont see any advantage in gaming) the new monitor is not better and even worse, moving from my very old TN panel 60hz i dont see any good difference in term of motion like people say and i dont understand all the hype about 144hz+ monitors even though i bought this monitor more for the colors and gsync compatible but also was curious to see if there really is a difference. the new monitor feel even worse with some stuttering or tearing (i dont realy know). the monitor/windows on settings with 240hz and gsync on (i dont see any difference if this on or off and yes i know if this on because there is this g sync on marker while in game, but im not real gamer so maybe its just me not noticing the difference) the game on 240hz , i tried 2 dp cabels (one vesa) and i realy have no idea what to do and if there is something to do. so i come here and maybe some of you know a solution or there is something im missing. thank you.

jingo09

Re: VG259QM Problem

Post by jingo09 » 09 Dec 2020, 05:43

help anyone? before i try to return this..

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 09 Dec 2020, 14:32

So you don't see a difference here:

https://www.testufo.com/
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

jingo09

Post by jingo09 » 10 Dec 2020, 09:17

RealNC wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 14:32
So you don't see a difference here:

https://www.testufo.com/
i think i see a bit but not realy sure what i need to check.
in 60 fps i dont see difference between the monitors but in 120/240 the picture look better than 60 fps on my old monitor (less blurry or move from side to side) sometimes 120 looks better than 240 and sometimes looks worse (the picture in both 120/240 sometimes move a bit from side to side like vibration or stutter i guess? but better than 60) so im not realy sure what is going on there.
but what the problem is (maybe i did not explain myself good) that the stuttering or tearing i talked about in the new monitor is not constant this happen sometimes but did not happend to me with the old monitor.
also i thought with the new monitor i will be able to see other players from far range or in buildings like they see me but maybe im the problem in this case, i guess :)