Smearing and trailing on both my monitors

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
abhyudaytiwari

Smearing and trailing on both my monitors

Post by abhyudaytiwari » 09 Dec 2020, 00:57

Hi Rlcs , i need to discuss something. I purchased a new aw2521hfl and something is up. You see, i had a samsung24cfg73 144hz earlier. However, it had severe smearing and trailing while flicking my mouse across the screen even with black frame insertion. The animations like quickswitching and reload in csgo smeared and i could makeout trailing (the deagle quickswitch while it is rotating in hand looked blurred and incomplete). When i stood still everything looked clear(except the animations i mentioned). Same issue in doom eternal and dark souls 3 that on moving the character , the objects and background textures blur out ,smeared and give a look of stetching if i move flick my mouse. My friends who had this monitor told me that they dont face such issue to such an extent so i thought mine is defective and tried a repair which failed. Then I went for aw2521hfl after a lot of resesrch and reading so as to not make any mistakes and when i encountered same motion blur, trailing in csgo , doom eternal amd dark souls 3 i couldnt believe it. The same mouse flicks across the screen and reload or quickswitch animations which i mentioned earlier were trailing , blurring , looking incomplete and smearing just exactly like 24cfg73 and when i stood still everything became clear. The problems basically copy pasted to the new monitor. This monitor is supposed to be way better than samsung cfg73. Then my mind started running. How can 2 completely different gaming panels have exact same issue on same animations and mouse flicks unless something else is wrong with my setup or drivers. After a lot of internet browsing I found a guide from sony about troubleshooting the entire setup if monitor image is defective even though its a different brand. It will basically help me rule out any faults in the setup that might be causing issue for both the monitors ina systematic order component wise. I am having a hard time believing that 2 gaming monitors specially alienware can have such a weak performance. Its literally comparable to TVs. I would appreciate your guidance in any form. Waiting for a reply.