Cyberpunk 2077 -- Mouse movement issues/observations

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
AddictFPS

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 -- Mouse movement issues/observations

Post by AddictFPS » 20 Dec 2020, 07:12

PC v1.05 hotfix changelog: Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.

Maybe set AF filter to "application controlled" in GPU driver Cyberpunk profile, help reduce DLSS blurryness.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 20 Dec 2020, 07:30

does it work for anyone or a placebo?
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/ ... delay_fix/

Krag

Post by Krag » 20 Dec 2020, 19:13

Hi, registered just to participate here since I'm getting the same kind of jittery feeling when moving the camera around, it feels really awful below 80fps. I remember Fallout 4 giving me a similar feeling, as if the camera movements weren't running at the same framerate as the things moving on screen.
Reddit link in the post above didn't change anything for me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Dec 2020, 00:22

Krag wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 19:13
Hi, registered just to participate here since I'm getting the same kind of jittery feeling when moving the camera around, it feels really awful below 80fps. I remember Fallout 4 giving me a similar feeling, as if the camera movements weren't running at the same framerate as the things moving on screen.
Reddit link in the post above didn't change anything for me.
I have a Razer Blade 15 with an RTX 2080 and 240Hz screen, which I've now installed Cyberpunk 2077 on too. But, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't work with my Razer laptop touchpad, even for selecting items in game menus -- the pointer doesn't want to move. So the mouse co-ordinate processing is VERY wonky.

Hopefully somebody at CD PROJEKT RED can produce better mouse sync with the game.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 25 Dec 2020, 08:08

Seems there are some game engines than not work fine at some framerates. Specialy old ones. Seems has to do with internal "tick rates". Good engines adapt dinamicaly tickrates to the framerate, all in sync. Others not, or not perfectly implemented, and this async maybe is the issue.

For example, Flatout 1 with 80FPS/Hz VSync On, framerate rock solid, monitor OSD confirm 80Hz, but not smooth movement as spected. This is a cars game, you don't even need mouse turns to feel engine is not in sync with framerate. If i set 100FPS/Hz, run perfectly smooth, both with keyboard and driving wheel. Is deduced than not always input devices are the cause of these issues. 80FPS/Hz with Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Quake 3 engine) run perfect.

Testing with Unreal Engine 4, support all FPS/Hz VSync On perfectly smooth. Maybe is not a Cyberpunk game bug, and is a Cyberpunk engine bug (Red Engine 4). This engine is also programmed by CD Project Red.

Hope they can soon fix all bugs, i appreciate to much CDPR source of "DRM Free" games, olds and modern. Sadly they are silently starting introduce small pieces of DRM software with Galaxy client, i understand creators want protect its work, but hope CDPR be it enought smart to made two Galaxy clients branchs, one with the CDPR warranty of 100% DRM free content, and another to compete with Steam and others.

If they mix 2 in 1, not all users agree, they risk another "actor" taking their place.