AOC AG273QZ pixel stuck in one color

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
lissdell

AOC AG273QZ pixel stuck in one color

Post by lissdell » 17 Dec 2020, 10:58

Hi, is it common for a pixel to get stuck in one color? We have now had two of this monitor and both of them have had a pixel that got stuck after a few days of use. The first one we sent back and the second one we still have. I pressed gently/lightly on the pixel and it came to life (instruction according to google) and has now worked since that (only one day ago). What shall we do? Send it back to get a new one or keep it? Is this something that is usual or is it a sign of a bad screen?
We have bought the monitors from two different vendors and both of them have had the same problem.

Stevie66

Re: AOC AG273QZ pixel stuck in one color

Post by Stevie66 » 17 Dec 2020, 18:23

I had quite a few monitors with lit and coloured pixels I tested this year and I could never fix any of them. Tried the rubbing and tapping and the pixel fixer programs for hours on and all combinations, never helped me.

lissdell

Post by lissdell » 18 Dec 2020, 06:46

I have decided to return this and order a new, third one. Lets hope this one will not get a frozen pixel......

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 19 Dec 2020, 05:50

Try normalize defective pixel in new units is a ridiculous habit of manufacturers, and extremely fustrant for the customer. During the "Quality Control ?" stage, they detect the defective pixel, but anyway they send it at the same price of pixel defect free.

Customers should return it allways, assuming the time wasted with this procedure. Is needed seriousity from manufacturers, defective pixel is not the only issue, backlight bleeding ruin also to much IPS gaming monitors.

Pay "New Unit" price should be equal, from a decent manufacturer, to pixel issue free panel condition "from factory". If there are x% of panels with pixel issues, they should mark these like "Grade B or whatever", explaining the exact issue of each unit, and reduce price accordingly. Can't have all the same name and market price, are not the same quality.

Only one pixel issue can ruin the gaming experience. Backlight bleeding ruin dark games experience, completely. lissdell has received two units defective, and praying that the third one goes well, is this serious ? If you receive a new defective unit, enought ! include AOC in a "No trust, never buy" list.

Quality Control should be used to filter quality, not this chaos.

I understand you perfectly Stevie66, ASUS PG259QN new expensive high end 360Hz GSync monitor:
4 lit pixels and 1 red one
https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopi ... 487#p61490

This is unvearable. Send this panel is a lack of respect.

lissdell

Post by lissdell » 19 Dec 2020, 07:59

Third monitor........ 7 hours of gaming and pixel got stuck, tuched it and it came to life again.. three monitors with same problem..... its pity, I really liked this monitor, due to this i cant recommend it to anyone.

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 19 Dec 2020, 10:44

Occur in all Overdrive settings ?

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/ao ... onse_times

TFTCentral recommend Medium setting to not show any overdrive artifact. Strong cause overdrive artifacts, but i wonder if this mode maybe also cause pixel stuck ?