BenQ Zowie xl2540 random osd menu pop up

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Arre

BenQ Zowie xl2540 random osd menu pop up

Post by Arre » 30 Dec 2020, 10:24

Hi there,

Im new here, but read alot of topics which have been very helpful 👍

So im having a problem here.
Bought this used Xl2540 which have been working fine 1 month till now.

The osd menu screen down right randomly pops up, sometimes every 10th second, sometimes more frequently, showing both The menu, sometimes color vibrance and stuff.

Ive managed to "lock" The Osd menu which helps a little, but The osd "10 second warning message" still pops up, which is really disturbing since it shows as frequently as before.

Does anybody know how to fix this? 🤔 IF it were possible to hide The "press any button 10 seconds to unlock osd" message, then The problem would be solved.

I appreciate all answers, and sorry for my bad English.

Thanks in advance!

/Arre

Arre

Re: BenQ Zowie xl2540 random osd menu pop up

Post by Arre » 20 Jan 2021, 09:09

BenQ takes 300eur to fix this.

I guess i have to live with this problem.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Jan 2021, 11:03

Are these the famous BenQ IR-sensitive touch buttons?

1. Try turning off infrared light sources (VR Lighthouses, Kinect, Nintendo Wii) if in same room

2. Try closing room drapes

3. Try putting a post-it note on top of your IR buttons to block stray infrared light

4. Try dulling IR sensitivity with layers of clear tape until barely responds to touch

5. Try relocating reflective stuff further away from buttons (e.g. ornament sitting in front to right of monitor)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Arre

Post by Arre » 23 Jan 2021, 05:34

Thanks Chief for your suggestions.

Unfortantly none of Theese worked, it still pops up as usually.

I even tried to put The pc and monitor in a complete ly empty and dark room, so it must be The chip inside The buttons.

Thanks again