Need help to choose a monitor (25" max) /w nice color accuracy, black uniformity... mix usage (incl PCgaming no console)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Radeon89

Need help to choose a monitor (25" max) /w nice color accuracy, black uniformity... mix usage (incl PCgaming no console)

Post by Radeon89 » 31 Dec 2020, 12:24

Hi.

I would like to buy a new monitor, max 24-25 inches, for a mixed usage (office, web surfing, PC gaming (but NO console), multimedia, and basic photography)). I only intend to attach it to my graphic card, no other external sources.

I started to move my first steps into this World a week or two ago but to be honest I am still confused, and problably more of when I started... so here I am. :roll:

The characteristics that I am looking for are listed below:
- panel size --> max 24-25 inches, I am in front of the monitor at a close distance and I am sure that I am not going to like something bigger than that (22" would be even better but it seems to me that 22" is a dead size... so 24-25" is ok).
- resolution --> it's ok 1920x1080, a higher resolution it is still ok but I am not specifically looking for it
- great color accuracy
- good black uniformity
- panel type --> preferably IPS
- low input lag (for PC gaming, I do not intend to play on consoles)
- refresh rate --> 75hz minimum (as my current monitor) but, everything higher is more than welcome.
- PPI --> equal or higher than 85 PPI (my current monitor has 90 PPI).

Remarks:
- I am coming from a Dell 2209WA with 1680x1050 resolution at 75hz, 90 PPI and discrete low input lag.
- I play singleplayer as well as multiplayer online. I expect FPS in games to stay in the range of 50 - 100 fps, except for online shooters for which I expect >200 fps for CSGO and between 100 - 150 fps for CoD / BF5 (of note, these are estimates as I did not purchase the GPU yet).
- Not sure yet if I will get a Nvidia or AMD gpu, nor if I can find any benefit from g-sync / free sync module but if, you believe I would have it, a monitor equipped with that technology it is welcome.
- Price is not an issue if the monitor is worthy. I can even spend 700€ but if I can get the same for less, well the answer is obvious. I expect to keep this monitor for some years so I will amortize the cost.

I am sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much as possible information. Any question please feel free to ask.

Many thanks in advance for any help you might provide.