New 240 Hz monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
J3rdie

New 240 Hz monitor

Post by J3rdie » 06 Jan 2021, 20:31

Hi,

i want to buy new 240 HZ monitor. At the moment i am playing at xl2411 (the basic one, noother letters).

I am mostly playing PUBG/CSGO/(trying to play competetive). So i want the lowest input lag, but on the other hand i want the most smooth game, what can i get. (I know there is some input lag when is gsync enabled, but i want to have some balance between these two)

When i am mainly playing pubg (everyone knows how FPS works in pubg). I am playing with 110-190 fps (sometimes more, sometimes less).

Is it worth to get a g sync monitor? Will be g sync paid off, when there are unstable FPS?

Or should i get again some zowie monitor with dyac, which helps me with blur reduction (which can look smoother, but its not g sync).

I know when you can get stable 240 FPS+ the Gsync is not a thing, but when the framerate drops alot below monitor refresh rate, is it worth in competetive games?

How these 2 totally diferent technologies work in term of input lag?

I am decideng to buy any monitor with G-sync or 2546k with dyac.

Thanks for help.