Hello i need recommendations for good display without ULMB

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
AviadK47

Hello i need recommendations for good display without ULMB

Post by AviadK47 » 07 Jan 2021, 17:10

Hello, I would like to get help with purchasing a new monitor for my computer, its for gaming i perfer ips panel, but itsnt must, my eyes is sensitive to ULMB and that kind of stuff and causing me headache(from my xp with xl2546 dyac- reddish burning eyes).
if u got any suggestion
im looking for display with good response time that also good for the eyes and has good color celebration(something for fps/moba gaming)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Hello i need recommendations for good display without ULMB

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2021, 17:50

If you have bad experience with strobing -- and want IPS + good colors,

You'll probably do well with one of those 240Hz-thru-360Hz IPS monitors.

The 280Hz VG259QM (with ELMB turned off) could be right up your alley, because it has had good out-of-box color calibration, while having less motion blur than an XL2546 DyAc=OFF. (The 280Hz overcomes the IPS-vs-TN differences).

The 360Hz has even less motion blur than the 280Hz, but begins to have slightly asymmetric motion blur (leading and trailing edge), so if you want more symmetric motion blur, the 280 Hz ASUS tends to have a slight edge.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

StareX

Post by StareX » 07 Jan 2021, 18:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 17:50

The 280Hz VG259QM (with ELMB turned off) could be right up your alley, because it has had good out-of-box color calibration, while having less motion blur than an XL2546 DyAc=OFF. (The 280Hz overcomes the IPS-vs-TN differences).

The 360Hz has even less motion blur than the 280Hz, but begins to have slightly asymmetric motion blur (leading and trailing edge), so if you want more symmetric motion blur, the 280 Hz ASUS tends to have a slight edge.
What do you mean by asymmetric motion blur? Is it a bad thing?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2021, 18:26

StareX wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 18:06
What do you mean by asymmetric motion blur? Is it a bad thing?
No. It's a form of ghosting -- different pixel response speeds (GtG) for different colors -- which can create a bit more ghosting/blur on one edge than the other.

Some people don't mind since both edges is far less motion blur than lower-Hz monitors, but many people prefer motion to be clean (symmetrical GtG pixel response at leading and falling edges).

It's extremely slight and you might not notice it. Just that 240Hz-to-280Hz IPS doesn't puch IPS GtG limitations as much as 360 Hz does.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

shedokan

Post by shedokan » 08 Jan 2021, 02:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 17:50

Hey Chief, I'm buying either the VG259QM or XL2546K next week and your comment surprised me, I do know Colors, viewing angels in the asus (since IPS) > the BenQ, input lag/responses time probably fair to say a tie, DyAc > ELMB, but Motion clariy you give Asus the edge? Is it because DyAc/ELMB OFF simply 280Hz IPS > 240Hz TN? or even both at 240Hz motion clarity/blur is better on the asus?

And last small question sorry for off topic, Do you know if the Panel in the BenQ XL2546K is the same one as in the Lenovo TN 240Hz 1440P? (27GQ-25)

Thanks a lot!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jan 2021, 23:55

Yes, higher refresh rate with similar pixel response will have less motion blur. However, the motion look is a personal preference. A number of have reported more symmetrical GtG (same blur on leading/trailing edges) on the 280Hz ASUS than the 360Hz ASUS, despite 360Hz having less motion blur.

Unless you're earning money in competitive gaming and need to be consistent with what your competitors are using, they are pretty close and it really boils down to a personal preference.

Clearly pros/cons of the differences between the ASUS and BenQ, so many will swear one way or another, depending on your priorities/preferences.

If you are not picky about TN versus IPS, the XL2546 series is certainly in play.

No, it is not possible that the 1080p XL2546K panel is the same as the 1440p Lenovo panel, because they're different resolutions.