Warning about HP Customer Service

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
RedCloudFuneral

Warning about HP Customer Service

Post by RedCloudFuneral » 07 Jan 2021, 22:23

I hope this is the right place/subforum for this, I've already posted on HP's subreddit & contacted the BBB and am getting desperate. I was promised by HP 2 months ago that I'd have a replacement monitor 'within the week' and it hasn't happened.

I have an Omen X 27 monitor which is suffering from dead pixels & a few other issues(it always takes at least 3 clicks of the power button to turn on for example.) Upon contacting HP(Nov 11th) and mentioning the dead pixels they had me send pictures and immediately confirmed it was unacceptable, I had a repair service order within the hour.
The CS agent explained the process in that HP would send me a box with a new panel in it & after confirming that it was operational I would repack my old one and send it back with an included shipping label. I repeated it back to them to confirm they didn't want the stand or any other accessories which was true. After the call I checked the service number and it stated the replacement was shipping with second day delivery.

I was distracted with medical stuff & the holidays and realized sometime in mid-late December that the monitor wasn't going to come without further action on my part. I rang HP up again and was met with an apology. The CS agent claimed that the panel in question was OOS and that someone should have contacted me within 10 days of my original call to notify me & present options(but that they'd been swamped with the holiday season & recent Reverb G2 launch.) The agent explained to me that I would need to talk to a supervisor who had the authority to present me alternatives including a full refund, replacement for a different model, etc. He took note of my case & that I didn't want a different model and said to expect a call from the supervisor within the week.

No one has called me & an empty box arrived to my door from HP. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this.. seems HP wants me to ship my monitor back without any possibility of me getting anything in return.(No replacement panels available & I've not been approved for a refund.) We're already well off what I was told would happen and seriously late on my replacement and I don't want to take a gamble on losing both my monitor & my cash or HP deciding on their own to send me something else they feel is comparable value.

I don't know what to do here, I've tried the usual avenues. I've liked the CS agents I've talked to on the phone but they seem disconnected from the actual RMA department. I've complained in the usual methods(Company's social media + BBB) only to be ignored. I'm half posting as a PSA to anyone who may be considering an HP monitor & half out of the knowledge monitor companies watch this site for feedback(hopefully someone within HP will see this and forward it to the right people.)

TTT

Re: Warning about HP Customer Service

Post by TTT » 08 Jan 2021, 06:18

It just sounds like a mis-understanding on both parts.

They won't send you a new monitor without you sending them yours first.

And they won't just take yours off you and leave you with nothing.

Box it up and send it them and take it from there.

RedCloudFuneral

Post by RedCloudFuneral » 08 Jan 2021, 21:42

Here's what I'm dealing with:

A. I was promised a replacement BEFORE I needed to return mine, I was told I MUST box it up the same way they ship to me. I have no reference for how they want this packed and am unwilling to pay for damages/refused RMA for not following the directions I was given.
B. I was told that its impossible to replace my monitor; likewise its impossible for me to receive anything else until I talk to a supervisor. I see no path forward other than HP/said supervisor clarifying with me personally what's going to happen. I was directly told I must wait on the supervisor's call to achieve any result.
C. The empty box showed up after this later conversation, a month & a half after I was accepted for a second day replacement. Best case scenario is that HP went back on the promise of the first CS agent, the second was wrong about stock, and they're 43 days behind schedule.
D. My computer will be near unusable should I ship my monitor out for an unknown amount of time, I'm not ready to gamble that everything I've been told by HP has been incorrect and things will 'just work out.'

RedCloudFuneral

Post by RedCloudFuneral » 14 Jan 2021, 21:44

HP punishes those who complain, my warranty was cancelled soon after I sent my complaint to the BBB.

I gave CS another call yesterday and was told that the previous agents have lied to me in that they promised me the impossible & did not have access to the information given to me. I was told there is a total separation of CS & the warranty department and CS agents must request information.. as such no agent could have notified me on a call that there was no stock of a panel remaining.
This agent also notified me that the paperwork to talk with a supervisor had not been filed and there's no way I can be forwarded to a superior without the papers being filed & my being put in the back of a queue. The agent then refused to fill out the paperwork insisting that he first must talk to the previous agents I've called. I was promised a call back the same day.. here we are tomorrow with no contact. The only thing I was able to learn from the agent was that my warranty had been cancelled but again he couldn't view the details without contacting warranty and waiting on a response. My case is marked 'closed & not to be reopened.' No explanation. No contact when it happened.

So apparently no one in CS has any connection with the departments who actually process returns/replacements, they have zero access to information, and it's just their job to act friendly and run you around until you give up.