ViewSonic XG2431 Discussion Thread [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS with Best Strobing]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Axaion

Re: [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS] ViewSonic unveils monitors for 2021 (The new 240Hz 24" king?)

Post by Axaion » 27 Jul 2021, 07:24

AM_acc1q wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 00:48
SixelAlexiS wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:19
Well, ViewSonic Gaming twitter account just confirmed me that this monitor isn't going to be released in Europe... what a giant and disappointing waste of time waiting for this
There's a little something called international shipping.
Yeah, let me just do that with the extra cost having to mail a few back and forth to get a good sample without insane blb or ips glow

I did that with 6 pg259qn's and 2 pg259qnr's all had massive glow and too much blb.

Axaion

Re: [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS] ViewSonic unveils monitors for 2021 (The new 240Hz 24" king?)

Post by Axaion » 27 Jul 2021, 07:29

Also strange as i asked them on the EU site via mail, and i was told
"This new great gaming monitor is expected to be released in Sept/Oct timeframe, but still a bit uncertain for the timing"

Maybe viewsonic has no internal communication at all?

e: sorry for double post.

burnerjonez

Post by burnerjonez » 27 Jul 2021, 10:32

The monitor is now available for purchase on Viewsonic's website.

[Moderator Edit to help newbie without link priveleges yet: Link is www.viewsonic.com/me/products/lcd/XG2431 ]
Attachments
xg2431.png
xg2431.png (444.41 KiB) Viewed 4540 times

SixelAlexiS

Post by SixelAlexiS » 27 Jul 2021, 11:32

Axaion wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 07:29
Also strange as i asked them on the EU site via mail, and i was told
"This new great gaming monitor is expected to be released in Sept/Oct timeframe, but still a bit uncertain for the timing"

Maybe viewsonic has no internal communication at all?

e: sorry for double post.
The absurd thing is that they have made the manual in multiple languages, italian included (with EU warranty claims and such).

I think there was a plan for an EU release and that was scrapped for not have produced enough samples to sell them worldwide.

Roadsign1993

Post by Roadsign1993 » 27 Jul 2021, 12:46

can anyone here reccomend a decent us proxy, would love to purchase this monitor via a us porxy and send it to germany

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jul 2021, 14:46

Axaion wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 07:24
AM_acc1q wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 00:48
SixelAlexiS wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:19
Well, ViewSonic Gaming twitter account just confirmed me that this monitor isn't going to be released in Europe... what a giant and disappointing waste of time waiting for this
There's a little something called international shipping.
Yeah, let me just do that with the extra cost having to mail a few back and forth to get a good sample without insane blb or ips glow

I did that with 6 pg259qn's and 2 pg259qnr's all had massive glow and too much blb.
IMPORTANT Public service announcement for IPS Glow:

To help companies save money, please don't forget to do the 72+ hour nonstop zero-screensaver full-brightness break in for new LCD displays. Redistribution of the liquid crystals in the glass sandwich is needed to get the IPS glow to final levels. While BLB does not change, IPS glow slightly changes with monitor break-in because shipping positions and pressure spots of packaging or weight of the monitor stand -- like a finger-on-steriods pressing against monitor for hours -- can cause weird splotchiness or amplified edge/corner gradients that will fade over time.

If there's still problems after, then by all means RMA, but please break-in your monitor to ascertain whether a specific odd-shaped IPS glow pattern is permanent or temporary. Most picky people can greatly reduce the number of RMA cycles this way.

Thank you for helping save money, the environment, and a few trees too. ;)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jul 2021, 14:59

What I believe may happen is that ViewSonic XG2431 will be hitting certain Amazon Europe stores in a lagged fashion (after USA), and other international-shipping stores. This gives Europe access to ViewSonic XG2431. However, I do not know which stores will get them, and I can't guarantee it. Still waiting to hear more information.

But if you want the monitor, XG2431 IS IN STOCK at ViewSonic!

I can confirm that the monitor is now currently in stock on ViewSonic's website. People who order have their XG2431's currently enroute to them. Mind you, Blur Busters does not get commissions from non-Amazon links, but don't worry about that -- Go ahead and support ViewSonic for supporting Blur Busters as well as all the strobe-flexibility advocacy we've done (any-Hz strobing, retro-friendly strobing, and Strobe Utility support).

I am publishing ViewSonic Strobe Utility shortly.
Roadsign1993 wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 12:46
can anyone here reccomend a decent us proxy, would love to purchase this monitor via a us porxy and send it to germany
As for US proxies, I strongly recommend VPN instead, works much more reliably and you can pay just for 1 month of high-performance VPN for the price of a latte at your local cafe. You're using a credit card, right? Don't transmit those through a free proxy where it might work on the main website but fail with their credit card provider API.

Now, a VPN will make sure all websites work reliably, including all the APIs that they use (like Amazon S3 or Square Shopping Cart or PayPal or whatever it may be). I've had a 3-or-4-day hold on funds because a payment API failed at a free WiFi hotspot. Learned my lesson.

For example Cyberghost and ExpressVPN are quite easy to use and you can get a free trial and cancel. They're just merely fancy-skinned system tray utilities that you can turn ON/OFF with a massive easy bigass button to enable the VPN mode to make your computer look as if it's operating in the states. Click. Your computer is in the USA. Click. Your computer is back in Germany. Done.

If you buy stuff from the states whose sites don't allow you to do so from Europe, and have to type a credit card number to a US website, please consider using a VPN. You'll thank me later;

DISCLAIMER: This is Blur Busters hobbyist tips, and not official ViewSonic recommended advice and I cannot be responsible for unconventional shipping tricks (e.g. parcel forwarder services to allow you to enter a USA address into USA shopping sites) that injects additional risks to your package. Nontheless people have done it before, and succeeded. Check your warranty risks too, since American warranties may not be redeemable in Europe. But do your homework.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SixelAlexiS

Post by SixelAlexiS » 27 Jul 2021, 15:05

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 14:59
What I believe may happen is that ViewSonic XG2431 will be hitting certain Amazon Europe stores in a lagged fashion (after USA), and other international-shipping stores. This gives Europe access to ViewSonic XG2431. However, I do not know which stores will get them, and I can't guarantee it. Still waiting to hear more information.

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
IMPORTANT Public service announcement for IPS Glow:

To help companies save money, please don't forget to do the 72+ hour nonstop zero-screensaver full-brightness break in for new LCD displays. Redistribution of the liquid crystals in the glass sandwich is needed to get the IPS glow to final levels. While BLB does not change, IPS glow slightly changes with monitor break-in because shipping positions and pressure spots of packaging or weight of the monitor stand -- like a finger-on-steriods pressing against monitor for hours -- can cause weird splotchiness or amplified edge/corner gradients that will fade over time.
Thanks for the EU infos, I will take a look at the EU amazon stores in next months and see if something pop up :)

Btw about the nonstop break in, do you mean just having a white image in fullscreen at max brightness for 72 hours straight?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Jul 2021, 15:11

SixelAlexiS wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 15:05
Btw about the nonstop break in, do you mean just having a white image in fullscreen at max brightness for 72 hours straight?
For the 72 hour break-in:

Video or gaming or surfing whatever. Keep the screen busy continuously. Get the monitor as warm as safely possible, nonstop. This shakes out all the temporary issues as much as possible, while also verifying warranty fails earlier than later.

On LCDs, black heats up more (the powered color + absorbs more light). Heats up the monitor more than white (the unpowered color of most modern panels). However, that can automatically put the monitor into sleep mode, since a blank black screen is often a monitor's autosleep trigger.

Also, you want to exercise the pixels anyway for other reasons (early "new" dead pixels usually happen early after arrival, so exercising the monitor panel early ensures you "shake hidden warranty defects out of the tree" as early as possible, since more than half of warranty problems of nearly all products of all vendors happens during the first days or weeks of ownership)

Personally, I've never had non-BLB-based IPS glow that stayed asymmetric (e.g. massively worse on one corner) after a proper break-in was done. Any bad BLB I've ever had on IPS was always symmetric (evenly distributed) after the break-in, unless another defect was occuring at the same time such as a pressure spot inside the bezel mount or a tiny gap in the backlight seal at edge (backlight bleed). Break in ensures any remaining black-field (RGB 0,0,0) asymmetry is from other defects such as corner pressure spots and/or true, real, genuine backlight bleed rather than native IPS glow factors. That's why I heartily recommend all reviewers and users break in their monitor before judging the monitor, the LCD GtG speeds up + the shipping pressure spots disappears. Obviously, it may still be asymmetric (asymmetric tightness of LCD panel mounting, whether by panel factory fault, or vendor bezel fault), but at least after break-in, it's no longer shipping-based pressure spot related.

You can just use the computer normally during the break in, just prevent the monitor from turning off. Just keep your computer on 24/7 for three days without a sleep-blackout. If you use a screensaver, use a very lively screensaver of some kind, otherwise, just run a 16:9 video loop.

If you can't keep it on continuously (e.g. bedroom monitor), you can spread the break-in over more days but it'll take longer (like 1 week of 12 hours per day) because of all those cool-downs, watch your RMA window.

Nontheless, break-in is routine at most monitor reviewers (RTINGS, TFTCentral, PCmonitors), they do that to warm up cold-shipped panels and shake out all those temporary shipping artifacts (pressure spots) out. The LCD fluid inside a LCD glass sandwich flows all around -- it's a Liquid Crystal Display.

Roadsign1993

Post by Roadsign1993 » 27 Jul 2021, 15:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:

I can confirm that the monitor is now currently in stock on ViewSonic's website. People who order have their XG2431's currently enroute to them. Mind you, Blur Busters does not get commissions from non-Amazon links, but don't worry about that -- Go ahead and support ViewSonic for supporting Blur Busters as well as all the strobe-flexibility advocacy we've done (any-Hz strobing, retro-friendly strobing, and Strobe Utility support).

I am publishing ViewSonic Strobe Utility shortly.
Roadsign1993 wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 12:46
As for US proxies, I strongly recommend VPN instead, works much more reliably and you can pay just for 1 month of high-performance VPN for the price of a latte at your local cafe. You're using a credit card, right? Don't transmit those through a free proxy where it might work on the main website but fail with their credit card provider API.

Now, a VPN will make sure all websites work reliably, including all the APIs that they use (like Amazon S3 or Square Shopping Cart or PayPal or whatever it may be). I've had a 3-or-4-day hold on funds because a payment API failed at a free WiFi hotspot. Learned my lesson.

For example Cyberghost and ExpressVPN are quite easy to use and you can get a free trial and cancel. They're just merely fancy-skinned system tray utilities that you can turn ON/OFF with a massive easy bigass button to enable the VPN mode to make your computer look as if it's operating in the states. Click. Your computer is in the USA. Click. Your computer is back in Germany. Done.

If you buy stuff from the states whose sites don't allow you to do so from Europe, and have to type a credit card number to a US website, please consider using a VPN. You'll thank me later;

DISCLAIMER: This is Blur Busters hobbyist tips, and not official ViewSonic recommended advice and I cannot be responsible for unconventional shipping tricks (e.g. parcel forwarder services to allow you to enter a USA address into USA shopping sites) that injects additional risks to your package. Nontheless people have done it before, and succeeded. Check your warranty risks too, since American warranties may not be redeemable in Europe. But do your homework.
i think you got me wrong i was talking about an us porxy shipping company, so they buy the monitor for me and send it to me (i am located in germany)