ViewSonic XG2431 Discussion Thread [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS with Best Strobing]

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TheHoodedPortal

Re: ViewSonic Now Shipping XG2431 as of NOW!!! [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS]

Post by TheHoodedPortal » 05 Sep 2021, 14:23

carlratcliffe wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 13:52
Hi just got the monitor and just wanted to ask something. I can't seem to access the BIOS. XG2431 will show [No Display] until windows login. I had to use another monitor to show BIOS. Is this something that I can fix?
Were did you order the monitor from?, i ordered mine a month ago and i am still waiting on it

.kernel 0x000

Re: ViewSonic Now Shipping XG2431 as of NOW!!! [Blur Busters Approved XG2431 - 24" 240Hz IPS]

Post by .kernel 0x000 » 06 Sep 2021, 17:44

So is this the best 240Hz IPS? How does it compare to the Asus?

harrison256

Post by harrison256 » 07 Sep 2021, 15:06

For those that are looking to buy the ViewSonic XG2431 from Amazon.com:

I contacted ViewSonic Sales Department and was told that the monitor would be back in stock at Amazon.com around "beginning of November," and they said to check back with them closer to that time for a more exact date.

I'm in Europe, so I'm looking at this option for importing the monitor, as it seems to be a lot safer and cheaper than getting it from taobao.com using a parcel forwarding service, though a seller on taobao does seem to have 49 units in stock. Getting it from Amazon.com will also likely be quicker than waiting for the monitor to launch in Europe, which seems like it will be next year at this point.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Sep 2021, 16:41

harrison256 wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 15:06
I contacted ViewSonic Sales Department and was told that the monitor would be back in stock at Amazon.com around "beginning of November," and they said to check back with them closer to that time for a more exact date.
Good to hear!

Personally, I'm also surprised how slow this year it takes for televisions and monitors to be restocked -- but we all apparently have a major triple whammy situation.

Bad timing for (A) pandemic / (B) chip shortages / (C) seasonal crunch to coincide, eh. Triple whammy!

Google News search: Shortages amongst record freight container ship congestion forced to anchor for weeks

In other words:

A lot of overseas display manufacturers also having the same problem. New displays have been trickling in at slower paces -- there's now record container ship congestion off the coast of california. Some of the ships are anchoring 1-2 weeks because 60+ container ships are waiting for their turn to be offloaded at the port. The christmas-stock-up rush as factories push out stuff now onto container ships to make sure stuff is in stock for Black Friday.

Normally it's only one or two, even in 2020, but right now -- all three are occuring at the same time, as Taiwan and China independently had new major lockdowns fairly recently due to massive outbreaks. And the container ship backlog is unusually huge -- anytime just one crew member tests positive for COVID, the container ship actually has to U-turn back from certain countries and do a complete brute crew replacement including replacing the captain; not even being able to simply fix things and do three consecutive negative tests to be sure / etc. Adding 1-2 months delay for a large shipment. 🤦 The laws vary by country though, on how this is dealt with, but it also made things worse with the freight Jenga jumble scramble. Then you've got the dominoe effect of a port that can't offload container ships faster than they arrive, especially with the current seasonal surge of goods trying to catch up from lockdown-endings and sudden surge of ship traffic coinciding -- all at the same time. Likewise, China also locked down very hard, which means incoming raw materials towards China is also gridlocked (far bigger).

As you all already know, most of the world's displays are manufactured in various places in Asia region (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan) and they all ship bulky goods by freight container ships. Whether you're waiting for an XG2431 or a LG 48"/55" OLED, or whatever hard-to-find display -- the sold out story is all the same around.

That earlier quantity of XG2431 from overseas sold out unexpectedly fast and there's a surprising multimonth gap in restock this time. I also would love to see these monitors could hurry up and restock Amazon faster. The earlier stock sold out faster than expected like a GPU shortage.

Equally frustrating to not see people easily able to purchase a Blur Busters Approved monitor, from both demand and external factors (triple whammy). I hope this second wave stays in stock this time. It's totally understandable if your buying priorities change, it's just the way life is.

We shall see...
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AM_acc1q

Post by AM_acc1q » 08 Sep 2021, 00:09

Amazon is taking so long to ship this monitor that I asked them about an updated delivery date and they gave me a free $20 credit :D

Marlen

Post by Marlen » 08 Sep 2021, 03:42

I’ve made my order on PCnation.com, and they say that it will be on stock 9/29 for them. I hope it will be so, but I doubt it.

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 08 Sep 2021, 14:00

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 01:53
Chief, can we get some of your brilliant pursuit work on this monitor? I bet many would love to see it.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Sep 2021, 15:33

AM_acc1q wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 00:09
Amazon is taking so long to ship this monitor that I asked them about an updated delivery date and they gave me a free $20 credit :D
Hold onto your place in the Amazon backorder queue if you still want the XG2431 -- for first come first serve behaviors (unless a different Amazon reseller restocks sooner than the one you purchased from).

Understand if you cancelled and bought a different monitor from somewhere else -- hands are tied on lack of stock of a high demand monitor -- but if you still want the monitor, just saying to hang onto backorders you managed to cram into Amazon's system before they temporarily disabled backordering.
Discorz wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 14:00
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 01:53
Chief, can we get some of your brilliant pursuit work on this monitor? I bet many would love to see it.
I'm considering --

We invent tests that reviewers use. We hate to compete against our ally reviewers (competing against RTINGS. Competing against TFTCentral. Competing against PCmonitors). Blur Busters is not directly a display reviewer. We invent the tests (TestUFO, pursuit, etc) that reviewers use. So many people think we actually review monitors because they see the UFO. But we're -- rather -- a supplier for the testing industry and display manufacturers to improve their products!

Although I write special editions (G-SYNC technology in general, blur reduction in general, KSF phosphor in general, 1000Hz in general, 480 Hz in general, etc).

But you are right. I need to market Blur Busters Tuning better, so I will probably have a special edition article about Blur Busters Tuning (Blur Busters Approved like XG2431, and Tuned by Blur Busters like Spectrum 4K144, etc). I'd be exhibiting multiple panels including XG2431 from a pursuit camera. The slow shipments of certain models of Blur Busters tuned panels, means it's a bit harder to market Blur Busters Approved services to additional manufacturers, delayed by all things (e.g. pandemic and shipment delays).

So that way, I am not competing against reviewers; I'm simply writing a special edition of before/after Blur Busters tuning on several example panels (e.g. XG2431). Including before/after QFT (Large VTs). Effects of high/low Hz on strobing. Strobe Utility improvements. Single strobe 60 Hz benefits for emulators. A general before/after benefits for Blur Busters Tuning services. It'd just be article about why Blur Busters Tuning is so good for consumers. So that's probably how I'll approach self promotion of pursuit photography -- as a way to show benefits of Blur Busters Approved programme.

I will endeavour to have something published before CES 2022 which I am attending, because CES 2022 is when I do my next big meet-the-manufacturers marketing push (I'm now fully vaxxed and can now safely/legally travel to a lot of countries -- I need to resume business trips for various Blur Busters reasons). To get more manufacturers to join the Blur Busters Approved Certification programme.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

AM_acc1q

Post by AM_acc1q » 08 Sep 2021, 18:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:33
AM_acc1q wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 00:09
Hold onto your place in the Amazon backorder queue if you still want the XG2431 -- for first come first serve behaviors (unless a different Amazon reseller restocks sooner than the one you purchased from).

Understand if you cancelled and bought a different monitor from somewhere else -- hands are tied on lack of stock of a high demand monitor -- but if you still want the monitor, just saying to hang onto backorders you managed to cram into Amazon's system before they temporarily disabled backordering.
Oh yeah I understand that - I still have my order and did not cancel it.
All I did was just inquire about the actual shipping date (the one on Amazon seemed like a placeholder) and the rep. apologized for the delay and gave a $20 credit.

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 09 Sep 2021, 02:40

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 15:33
Pursuits are not for competing ofcourse, they just show the panel motion performance (and more). People take it their own way. But since we are in a competitive gaming era I can see why it goes that direction. This is not necessarily a bad thing, infact its a perfect time and opportunity for Blur Busters to grow. As you said it would be a great way to market Blur Busters Approved programme.

It would be nice to have some new perfect-quality pursuits of modern day displays. Just like we used to have of VG278H LightBoost back in the days (when I wasn't active). I'd personally love to see you do tuning for all manufacturers like ASUS, LG, ACER, DELL... Most of them do a rather poor job.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup