Lenovo Y25-25 vs Viewsonic VX2458P

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Lenovo Y25-25 vs Viewsonic VX2458P

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Jan 2021, 15:23

Trackr wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 14:38
Sorry for the spam, but I can't edit or see my posts..
New posts by 1-postcount and 2-postcount forum members always go into a Moderator Queue. You have to wait for an Approve before a post becomes visible again.

Spammers are using artificial intelligence and/or results from Google (a copy of another website's forum post) to post legitimate posts, and then later editing them to spam.

These kinds of things often bypass the spam filters so we've had to institute a Manual Post Approval Queue for 1-post and 2-post newbies.

Right now, you're at approximately the post threshold which means you've now transitioned to the automatic spam filter, so you should be able to post/edit with zero delay.

Later this year, we'll update the system to be more clear to alert new posters that their posts have been put into a moderator queue.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

fins

Post by fins » 20 Jan 2021, 16:15

Trackr wrote:
20 Jan 2021, 14:32
What do you think?
I personally got Lenovo Y25-25 (that's how I found this topic), but I didn't do much research in advance and I always liked their laptops, so thought I would take a risk. I really like it and do not regret the choice, but I have nothing to compare it with since all my previous monitors were 60-75Hz. That's why I am here now, looking for any advice or the best settings for it.

In regards to either of the choices above, I would search this forum for any user discussions. For example, I quickly tried searching for Gigabyte M27Q and there are a few discussions that mention it:
search.php?keywords=Gigabyte+M27Q

Trackr

Post by Trackr » 21 Jan 2021, 13:19

Yeah, I did a lot of research yesterday and figured out the two best options are the Gigabyte M27Q and the Dell S2721DGF.

The Dell seems to be a lot more expensive in the US but only a little more expensive here and it boasts better response times (4ms vs 5ms on the Gigabyte).

It's also not available anymore on Amazon which makes me think it's being replaced.

There's also the LG27GL850/83A which is also a bit more expensive, but according to Rtings, all of these monitors are basically the same with very similar scores overall and trading blows in certain areas.

So, I'm not really sure how to proceed without being able to physically use all of them..

Oh, and I also discovered yesterday that my Titan X (Maxwell) doesn't support GSync because it's too old, so I'll have to wait until I can somehow find a GTX 3080 or 6800 XT to really take advantage of whatever monitor I buy.

fins

Post by fins » 21 Jan 2021, 14:07

Trackr wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 13:19
Oh, and I also discovered yesterday that my Titan X (Maxwell) doesn't support GSync because it's too old, so I'll have to wait until I can somehow find a GTX 3080 or 6800 XT to really take advantage of whatever monitor I buy.
Are you sure? This page shows that it does - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/gr ... fications/ (this does not specify whether it's for Maxwell, but at least Asus [Maxwell version] one supports it - https://www.evga.com/articles/00918/EVG ... X-TITAN-X/)

Trackr

Post by Trackr » 21 Jan 2021, 14:59

fins wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 14:07
Trackr wrote:
21 Jan 2021, 13:19
Are you sure? This page shows that it does - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/gr ... fications/ (this does not specify whether it's for Maxwell, but at least Asus [Maxwell version] one supports it - https://www.evga.com/articles/00918/EVG ... X-TITAN-X/)
Yes, because there is apparently a difference between "Native GSync" and "GSync Compatible." The 900-series only work with the former and all the monitors in question are the latter, which means my card is one generation too old.