Monitor "Turns Off" By Itself

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
wusiteso

Monitor "Turns Off" By Itself

Post by wusiteso » 17 Feb 2021, 23:06

Welp had to reload my page and have to rewrite this message again but HEY!

Short but sweet.

I have a PS5, 2 monitors, a PC, and an HDMI switcher.
One monitor has two HDMI available in it so I can use my console and PC at the same time. Problem is due to setup design purposes, I need to use the other monitor for gaming on the console. Issue is that the other monitor only have one HDMI available to it so I had to buy a switcher from Amazon. The switcher itself works.

But now I have a new and bigger problem. Monitor #1 (non-switcher, 2 HDMI) screen goes all black after a few seconds to a minute after I use the switcher to switch to the PS5. Thats why I used quotes in the title. It didn't actually turn off but it's all black. Displaying no image but you can tell the monitor itself is still on.

For troubleshooting and curiosity purposes, I use the switcher to go back to my PC from my console and now Monitor #2 (switcher, 1 HDMI) is acting weird. It says it can't find a source thus it turns off.

The monitor themselves works. Do you guys think it's because of the switcher I use? I'll link and give more information below but yeah what do you guys think? If please, I would love a solution that doesn't include buying more parts. I'm pretty broke right now so rather not buy even more computer parts now.

P.S.
Monitor #1: Asus VG245 24" Wide Screen
Monitor #2: Dell 27" Monitor SE2717HR