Dual pc stream issue... Maybe. Also....

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ohitsjustjacob

Dual pc stream issue... Maybe. Also....

Post by ohitsjustjacob » 28 Feb 2021, 05:54

So when i have my elgato hooked up and i run a ufo test, you can see frame skipping. Unplug it and then of course its as smooth as butter. Wondering if anyone has ever seen anything or maybe just never noticed it.. Yes I AM cloning. Can not find anything about this anywhere and am assuming other streamers just never noticed.

Also just splurged and got a vg279qm( not related to prior frame skipping.) Please don't be critical about my choice. I had a VA samsung crg5 before and am happy i do not have the ghosting issue now that i did before.

Anyhow, with the elgato unplugged and using chrome on the ufo test, I noticed it was frame skipping still. It didn't do this before with my previous monitor. So i got a wild hair and turned ON hardware acceleration and that pretty much fixed that. Every now and then it still had a performance warning but it was smooth. I thought damn that is actually the opposite than it should be. So in game (apex legends) before i swear the monitor wasn't feeling smooth at all even compared to the crg5. I turned OFF gpu hardware acceleration in windows and i swear it felt smoother than before. The heck is up with this monitor. Idk doing some more test tomorrow but meanwhile i was just wondering if anyone has any input on any of this. Thanks.