Replacing Acer XB252Q

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kaya33

Replacing Acer XB252Q

Post by kaya33 » 19 Mar 2021, 15:04

Hi, I bought the above monitor several years ago, initially I did notice some issues but thought whatever I can deal with it.
I came from an XL2411z and primarily played arena fps games, I was pretty good. 0 issues with hardware.

My issue with the acer is that I seem to have a lot of trouble tracking things with my eyes once stuff starts happening above a certain speed, it really is at the point where I can't help but ask myself if I am handicapping myself and have been for a long time.

I don't have a vga-->dvi-d adapter to test my old 144 but I'm just positive that my acer is for lack of a better word, shit. On any fps game if I shake my mouse around at a moderate speed it is just a blur fest, and by blur I mean everything goes really obviously blurry.

If I stand still and try to track moving objects with my eyes, it turns into a blur, I have been dealing with it for several years 'cause I spent a lot of money on the monitor at the time and 240hz was a big new cool thing.

In some instances, the visual effect is the same as the one you would see when an object vibrates at an extremely fast frequency, in others, a clear picture just turns into a blur, on some days it does even hurt my eyes.

My question is, what are the safe, good, 240hz monitors that people are using these days? And also is there anyone who has had a similar issue with the same monitor as me?

I am certain there is nothing I can do in the settings to change it, I have tried every possible combination of almost every possible setting, OD included, ULMB, etc.

I have recently convinced myself that, when I got my monitor, 240hz was very new, and maybe the technology wasn't the best(?)

Anyway, I have no need for gsync or freesync or ulmb or anything, I would just like to know about a few good 240hz monitors.

I do apologise if the search function could of accomplished this, I just felt like making a thread.