Eye hurt from moving camera in 60fps games on newer monitors but not on old tn.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Predatir

Eye hurt from moving camera in 60fps games on newer monitors but not on old tn.

Post by Predatir » 04 Apr 2021, 17:18

Hi so I bought msi g241vc which is 75hz VA monitor and my eyes hurt a little bit when moving the camera in 60fps games. 75fps helped a little bit but not much. I though it was because of VA smearing so I decided to buy AOC 24g2u which is 144hz IPS panel and while 144fps games look good 60 fps not so much. I used an old cheap TN monitor for the last 8 years and I never had trouble with 60fps. I compared them side by side and I can see that there are more artifacts around objects on TN but my eyes don't hurt when moving the camera. I thought that it was response time but 6 years old cheap tv is the same lots of artifacts but my eyes are fine. I play a lot of older games so 60fps is important to me. Did anyone else had experience like that? Do newer monitors use some kind of filter or something that could cause this? I tried changing overdrive settings and mbr but none of them seem to help.