Cannot decide which 240hz monitor I should choose...

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
juba

Cannot decide which 240hz monitor I should choose...

Post by juba » 04 Apr 2021, 21:38

Hi,

I have been forced to switch out my BenQ Zowie XL2411 as I have bought an RTX 2070 and it doesn't support DVI...

But now after been reading mostly this forum for a whole day I cannot decide which monitor to choose - my main purpose of the monitor is to use it for CS:GO and Valorant.

I would not categorize myself as a casual player and either I don't play and don't have any plans playing in a competitive scene. Me and the guys are more a group of guys playing some competitive games every day (faceit lvl ~10 in csgo, and diamond/immortal in valorant) and for that i would of course choose the monitor with the lowest lag in every possible way and still keep a nice picture.

But the core question of this post is - what monitor should i choose for best picture and still get the lowest lag as possible? My requirements is that is the monitor is 24-25 inch and is 240hz.

I have been looking much at the BenQ Zowie XL2546K and aswell MSI mag251rx, but as i understand the IPS monitors isn't at that point yet where they got that low input lag etc. as TN panels - or have I misunderstood the whole IPS thing? The reason i just havn't bought the BenQ Zowie XL2546K (even though as I understand it's a no-brainer) is that it seems kinda expensive taken in thought that it's an TN panel inside.. On the other hand there is BenQ Zowie XL2540K, but this just seems like a kinda out-dated monitor, or am I wrong on this?

I don't know if this is also an information that you need, but my current setup is RTX 2070, 16GB RAM, and Intel i5 8th gen. OC'ed to 4,5GHz, so I ain't lacking on frames in both CSGO and Valorant :D

I hope this is enough information for you guys/experts to help me out to get a monitor I won't regret spending my money, but otherwise let me know if there is any information you should know before being able to help me.

Thanks in advance!

UNKKit

Re: Cannot decide which 240hz monitor I should choose...

Post by UNKKit » 04 Apr 2021, 23:00

Watch this thread for in on the new View Sonic coming soon. It may very well end up being the best 240hz monitor.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8113
Alienware AW2521H (main) |Acer XF252QX |5600x |3080 |3600CL16

juba

Re: Cannot decide which 240hz monitor I should choose...

Post by juba » 05 Apr 2021, 07:14

Thanks man! It seems very promising - I'll wait for the release in March and check it out! :)