weird input lag just on some resolutions

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
porquinhoexaltado

weird input lag just on some resolutions

Post by porquinhoexaltado » 19 Apr 2021, 16:49

I'm almost breaking my head to find out the reason for my input lag.
I have a LG 24GL600F-B monitor, Panel type: TN, native resolution: 1920x1080 (16: 9), Size (inches) 23.6
GPU: AMD rx 570
What happens is that I like to play stretched(CS:GO), but I can't find an stretched resolution that makes the game smooth without input lag. I can only play smooth in the native ratio aspect or in the following resolutions (the only ones I tested): 1798x1080, 1656x1080, 1622x1080. The strange thing is that for example 1440x1080 is not smooth.
1) Does anyone know why?
2) and also does anyone know a resolution that is smooth, but a little more stretched than the ones I mentioned? thx :roll:

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: weird input lag just on some resolutions

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 Apr 2021, 01:27

It is quite possible the scaler is laggy.

Fortunately, you usually have two scalers. Try both.

- Try testing GPU scaler instead of monitor scaler. (New GPUs are now faster than the slowest monitor scalers, but not always)
- Try testing monitor scaler instead of GPU scaler. (If NVIDIA is giving you problems, create resolution via ToastyX to override NVIDIA scaler)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!