Offline testufo

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
derrilmc

Offline testufo

Post by derrilmc » 20 Apr 2021, 19:42

Hello guys! I am wondering if there is any way i can do an offline testufo for my new Zowie XL2546K. After having some issues with my Predator XB272 i decided to buy this zowie but i still get potential browser stuttering and something tells me it's not the new monitor. I have been speaking with Zowie support on reddit (yes they do answer and pretty fast) and i showed them my setup and they said that the ufo test needs pretty stable internet. Since i moved here i had nothing but troubles and i believe it's my internet i sometimes see a little packet loss and whatnot. It is a radio high power internet (ubiquiti stuff) and i even have my own line connected straight to the PoE no modem whatsoever. I have tried everything i built new pc new mouse keyboard etc now new monitor... all i can tell u is that i get ping jumps even when pinging google so if there is any way to test my monitor 240hz stability pls let me know im tired of buying stuff. I just want to rule out anything with my PC, my old one based on a 4790K and gtx 980 did the same stuttering... now i have 9900KS and RTX2070S and i see same stuff, just want to make sure PC is OK so i can move on.

alexander1986

Re: Offline testufo

Post by alexander1986 » 23 Apr 2021, 18:58

there is frog pursuit for example, made by a5hun here: https://www.aperturegrille.com/software/

great reviews on monitors by this guy btw, super detailed, just shame he does not do them more often and more models!

anyway he has developed a similar app to testufo but it runs in the unreal engine and can set framerate to your liking and so on, looks something like this:

worth trying IMO !

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 26 Apr 2021, 01:10

It would be nice if there is a way to change frogs into ufos with cyan shades background so we could compare it with existing ufo pursuit shots.
Wanted to email a5hun about this but never did.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Apr 2021, 10:12

Discorz wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 01:10
It would be nice if there is a way to change frogs into ufos with cyan shades background so we could compare it with existing ufo pursuit shots.
Wanted to email a5hun about this but never did.
Be noted that the UFO is a copyrighted trademark of Blur Busters... it must be appropriately licensed.

But yes, offline TestUFO is in the plans for the future.

However, for now, you can precache TestUFO and then disconnect. Just load it up, load the tests and settings, and the disconnect.

TestUFO continues working on cached test graphics until you load a test/graphics that had not yet been cached.

Offline does not generally help browser stutters, though. They are usually caused by background apps, and background tabs, as browser fluidity is sensitive to background processing. Close all windows and tabs.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 26 Apr 2021, 14:37

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
26 Apr 2021, 10:12
Be noted that the UFO is a copyrighted trademark of Blur Busters... it must be appropriately licensed.
I have a solution to that :lol:
ufo_vs_frog.png
ufo_vs_frog.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 3018 times
When test UFO and Frog Pursuit have babies.
Last edited by Discorz on 16 Jul 2021, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

derrilmc

Post by derrilmc » 30 Apr 2021, 11:58

Thank you very much for the answers i did download the frog program but i wasn't able to test it properly because i was working and i had open a lot of stuff. Basically the only thing i run is the AORUS Engine when i do tests because it controls my CPU Liquid Cooler so i might not close it :D. For chief, i wasn't trying to rip off the testufo program i just wanted an offline test because i just have gone through so many stuff to get a basically good experience but yes i will try to load it first and then disconnect cable maybe i get lucky with it. I also know about the existing "network udp packets throttling" that some people are talking about and it is mostly true. I had a very good experience with old adsl on cs 1.6 all hitboxes very good etc now this radio internet is just bshit but sometimes at 3am i can properly play (almost) so i do believe there is something going on at least in Spain. Honestly u just go see a streamer play and game is very different. For ex in csgo if u play mirage as CT and try to open mid when i shoot the "tin" sometimes it doesn't crack, it's ridiculous, u can even see the bullet hole but no crack. Other thing i seen is that it's impossible to play with deagle. I know this because i played cs all my life i understand with age the reflexes are not so great but its just the stutter and fake hitboxes that make me mad.