AW2521H issues

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Nopaegas

AW2521H issues

Post by Nopaegas » 20 Apr 2021, 22:07

Hey guys, just got this monitor 2 days ago and I am mostly happy with it, I also have a VG248QE and an S2719DGF.. I kept going back to the VG248QE because it felt faster/snappier but I couldn’t get over the terrible colours. I got the AW2521H because I figured 360hz had to be faster and that with IPS I would get better colours. First time I booted up my PC with the monitor connected I got no signal, I figured it was the Display Port not connected properly but still no luck, changed cables and nothing. Connected my old monitor and realised I was at the before post security option that I have enabled in the bios. Entered my password, reconnected the Alienware and I had a signal. I rebooted and realised that I get no signal until I boot into Windows, so I enter my password blind. I also get no signal when I enter the bios... I also can’t use DDU because afterwards I get no signal at all, have to connect my old monitor and reinstall the drivers. Any work around?

My only other issue is that I expected the colours to be a bit better, I have one other IPS but it was a long time ago, NEC 20WGX2 and in my opinion the colours were fantastic. Compared to my S2719DGF which is a TN, the Alienware looks more or less identical but a little more dull... I expected more punch from the colours.

I also have 1 stuck pixel, it is bright green. I’ve never had an issue like this on any of my monitors before and quite upset about it. I contacted Dell and they wanted to replace it with a refurbished monitor which I thought was silly considering at that point I had the monitor for less than a day. Are dead pixels common on these new 360hz panels?

StareX

Re: AW2521H issues

Post by StareX » 21 Apr 2021, 03:25

Damn, issue after another issue, Im so sorry this is happening to you..
The DP cable thing is tricky, I had to "force" it in with my AW2721D, which is a fantastic monitor.. So maybe try that?

You could also try resetting your BIOS if you didnt already, or try to make it work with the HDMI for a sec to do all your DDU and such.

I did that, and something worked cuz at first there was no signal, only with HDMI so it was weird at first, till I tried to play alittle more with the DP cable and it worked..

Also, Dell said a refurbished one? That sucks... talk to them more and tell them to give you a new one :/

Nopaegas

Post by Nopaegas » 21 Apr 2021, 04:39

StareX wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 03:25
The DP cable thing is tricky, I had to "force" it in with my AW2721D, which is a fantastic monitor.. So maybe try that?

You could also try resetting your BIOS if you didnt already, or try to make it work with the HDMI for a sec to do all your DDU and such.

I did that, and something worked cuz at first there was no signal, only with HDMI so it was weird at first, till I tried to play alittle more with the DP cable and it worked..

Also, Dell said a refurbished one? That sucks... talk to them more and tell them to give you a new one :/
What do you mean by you had to force it? manually selecting which input in the monitors OSD?

StareX

Post by StareX » 21 Apr 2021, 10:55

Nopaegas wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 04:39
StareX wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 03:25

What do you mean by you had to force it? manually selecting which input in the monitors OSD?
Physically force it in the port cuz it wasnt all in

Nopaegas

Post by Nopaegas » 21 Apr 2021, 17:37

Ah I see, yeh I have already been quite firm with it but I wouldn’t have thought that would be the problem since it is fine the moment Windows boots up and it runs at 360hz I also tried changing the refresh rate in the NVCP to see if the monitor had an issue running at different refresh rates but it was fine on 60 through to 360.

Nopaegas

Post by Nopaegas » 27 Apr 2021, 04:29

Got my replacement today and this one has one dead/black pixel and 1 bright green pixel! Kind of annoying and not sure I can be bothered returning/going through the Dell return process since it ended up being such a time consuming and irritating experience. Being that I haven’t had an IPS panel in so long, is this quite a common issue?

hardhit

Post by hardhit » 02 May 2021, 10:47

Nopaegas wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 04:29
Got my replacement today and this one has one dead/black pixel and 1 bright green pixel! Kind of annoying and not sure I can be bothered returning/going through the Dell return process since it ended up being such a time consuming and irritating experience. Being that I haven’t had an IPS panel in so long, is this quite a common issue?
For blackscreen till windows boot, If you are using nvidia 1000 series card check for firmware update, here is the link

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv ... pdate-x64/

Nopaegas

Post by Nopaegas » 06 May 2021, 07:21

Thanks for your help, that worked a charm. Shame I have decided to refund the monitor though! I had nothing but issues with Dell, who wouldn't replace the 2nd defective monitor without picking up the first which is absolutely fair but 2 weeks later no progress. Every 2 days or so I would get an email saying they are waiting for a response from their team and I was close to being out of the new replacement window.

I would like to say that 360hz was smooth, I immediately noticed it, I enjoyed it but even moreso now that I have switched back to my VG248QE, the difference is quite big. I'm not sure which monitor to go for next as a replacement. I guess the only other option is the Asus as MSI haven't released theres yet. Anyone have any idea on a potential release date?

NarfTV

Post by NarfTV » 07 May 2021, 17:42

My only flaw with the Monitor was the retailer i chose,
My AW2521H came preset in Russlan language and the stands contacts for RGB are bent and some are broke of, so i think someone had it before me already, broke the stand and sent it back. was quite a challenge to set it to a different languague actually :D

I cant find any other flaws, so its not a big deal, i dont have any dead pixels and extremly low backlight bleed, so i kept it, regardless of the stands RGB thing which i couldnt care less... i plan to attach it to a Monitor-arm anyways.

hxdoom

Post by hxdoom » 11 Aug 2021, 05:39

hardhit wrote:
02 May 2021, 10:47
Nopaegas wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 04:29
For blackscreen till windows boot, If you are using nvidia 1000 series card check for firmware update, here is the link
/
anything for amd gpus? i have the same issue with the same monitor