Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Salemthecaz

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by Salemthecaz » 13 Oct 2021, 19:23

tlp wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 13:50
Salemthecaz wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 23:14

Mine’s January 2021, no dead pixels just a few stuck ones( I dont know if there’s any other way to call them as the other guy questioning my lingo). It’s no big deal when in game but really bugs me when I watch a movie or videos with dark color grading. Some people said they’ll go away over time if youre lucky. It’s a pretty common issue with lcd panels, but unlucky I got more than 6 of them. Finger crossed 🤞 I guess.

BTW, do you have any problem with VRB turning off after restarting/ shutting down your pc?? Since yours’ march batch and mine’s January
I haven't used VRB more than just turning it on and off ingame to try it out. I don't really feel like the difference in clarity is large enough for it to benefit me, over the latency "cost". Also it makes the monitor much too bright for my liking.

I turned it on and restarted my monitor, and the setting seemed to stick? Is this test good enough or would it act different if I were to turn my computer off? Also do you actually turn the monitor off with your computer or do you just let it go to "sleep"? I turn mine off with the button(because of the blinking LED).

I really miss the ability to turn off the status LED that my previous Omen x 25f had...

What are the exact steps I should replicate?
That’s weird vrb makes your screen brighter, for most people it makes nit value 400->200 sth ( darker). And yes it seems like march batch doesn’t have that glitch where vrb turn off after restarting your pc.
And to me vrb has a much better clarity over non vrb that I’m willing to sacrifice less than 1ms delay( based on optium tech the difference is only 0.8ms)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 02:45

Salemthecaz wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 13:09
tlp wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 12:54
Salemthecaz wrote:

Got any tricks to fix stuck pixels? I got maybe like 6, 7 of them varies from green to red to blue. I have tried jscreenfix and massaging it with my apple pencil, doesn’t seem to help. Doesn’t bug me a whole lot but would love to get it fixed, never had this problem with any of my gaming dell monitor
I've got a singular stuck green "subpixel"(I guess?) on my unit that was manufactured in march 2021. I can't make it go away either.
Mine’s January 2021, no dead pixels just a few stuck ones( I dont know if there’s any other way to call them as the other guy questioning my lingo). It’s no big deal when in game but really bugs me when I watch a movie or videos with dark color grading. Some people said they’ll go away over time if youre lucky. It’s a pretty common issue with lcd panels, but unlucky I got more than 6 of them. Finger crossed 🤞 I guess.

BTW, do you have any problem with VRB turning off after restarting/ shutting down your pc?? Since yours’ march batch and mine’s January
no I mean why can't you return a faulty one if it's within 7 day or warranty or whatever? ofc I know there are dozens of regulartory tests for consumers, not nearly as much as testufo site but still. It's called a faulthy panel is what it is, regardless of what faultiness u have. your seller should replace it for you.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 02:46

tlp wrote:
Salemthecaz wrote:

I haven't used VRB more than just turning it on and off ingame to try it out. I don't really feel like the difference in clarity is large enough for it to benefit me, over the latency "cost". Also it makes the monitor much too bright for my liking.

I turned it on and restarted my monitor, and the setting seemed to stick? Is this test good enough or would it act different if I were to turn my computer off? Also do you actually turn the monitor off with your computer or do you just let it go to "sleep"? I turn mine off with the button(because of the blinking LED).

I really miss the ability to turn off the status LED that my previous Omen x 25f had...

extreme is not as bright. also there is no such thing as latency penalty, they are spreading false/misleading rumors..this has got nothing to do with vrb, vrb is supposed to help you. the only cost is more eye strain.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 02:47

Crazyness wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 19:05
1 thing thats really annoying about this monitor is inability 2 c your current resolution in OSD..

you can c yours current refresh rate..with refresh rate num set 2 ON

but you can not c your current resolution..

or am i missing something?
yeah u are, the information section clearly states main source dp, resolution 1920, lateral and vert scan rate, etc etc.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 02:49

Salemthecaz wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 19:23
tlp wrote:
Salemthecaz wrote:

That’s weird vrb makes your screen brighter, for most people it makes nit value 400->200 sth ( darker). And yes it seems like march batch doesn’t have that glitch where vrb turn off after restarting your pc.
And to me vrb has a much better clarity over non vrb that I’m willing to sacrifice less than 1ms delay( based on optium tech the difference is only 0.8ms)
it's not weird, not all people like a flashlight screen to their face (aka max brightness), if you have only played with high hz lcd for a few years then maybe it means you are younger generation smartphone crowd, using phone in daylight usually force you to use brightness to overcompensating levels, it's understandable habit, it doesn't really translate to pc gaming.

Crazyness

Post by Crazyness » 14 Oct 2021, 03:05

lyrill wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 02:47
Crazyness wrote:
1 thing thats really annoying about this monitor is inability 2 c your current resolution in OSD..

yeah u are, the information section clearly states main source dp, resolution 1920, lateral and vert scan rate, etc etc.
yes you are right..its not intuitive as it should be..same as blue light setting,50% is highest and 80% is lowest..its also counterintuitive..

EDIT: i need 2 correct my post regarding first part.

when you start 2 noticing that little submenu is also a part of a menu
(and the fact that same submenu is not an actual sintetic display info)
you start 2 noticing patterns between those 3 white squares and physical buttons ..

and after that epiphany,is quite intuitive.

second part remains.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 13:05

Crazyness wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 03:05
lyrill wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 02:47
Crazyness wrote:

yes you are right..its not intuitive as it should be..same as blue light setting,50% is highest and 80% is lowest..its also counterintuitive..

EDIT: i need 2 correct my post regarding first part.

when you start 2 noticing that little submenu is also a part of a menu
(and the fact that same submenu is not an actual sintetic display info)
you start 2 noticing patterns between those 3 white squares and physical buttons ..

and after that epiphany,is quite intuitive.

second part remains.
i mean this ain't ROG premium over the price Nvidia signed and sealed force reflex groupo into a bundle buy kind of deal you know, it's way cheaper. I really hate to say this again after 8 months. but you guys know that there is such a thing because there are people who find those 360hz overpriced af. the fact you are here, means you aren't those premium buyers, that demographic that believes anything more expensive is buck well spent. That they are supposed to be better automatically, no discussion.

either way there's nothing to glorify about something that isn't over glorified. it just works. it's got all the features, I was told all the 360hz panel came with all the hdr features same across all vendors. you can take that as you will, I don't disbelieve all of it.

50% is 50% remaining blue light, what is there to not understand. you can check the tell/dial with the results and it's become your reality. i've only used 3 high hz monitor model in 10 years, I've never complained.

I've mentioned this previously, but when I got the monitor and set it up and plugged cable, and it doesn't light up(no signal), I spent hours talking to vendor and sorting it out, nearly electrocuted myself to death. turns out I didn't plug it hard enough or rather, it was half way in. Sure, they could have manufactured a smoother plug hole, and a completely accurate secure "now it is in place" tactile feedback click, to avoid people jamming it in too hard/being afraid to use enough force, but that's all besides the point, I'm never gonna unplug until my next upgrade. And they have fundamentally no fault, it was not a faulty product, "i was the fool" (since I don't see any other user even mentioning any installation issues) so all was good.

and also for the blue light, u set it and forget it, don't ever touch brightness again, just go 8 and 8, and it will say "off" blue light, and mode is "user", but it's technically still lowest blue light (max blue filter, duh) because the RGB tone is kept the same. Dude i've gone through all of this in my Feb videos...you don't need to speak my language to 3x through it, bili let you do that, even youtube doesn't have this feature.. then you change gamma as needed, change vrb, go hdr for ......hdr movies..duh. and that's it. and it's not like it's hard to go over the steps again if it's messed up again. I for one don't miss having to adjust RGB to tone down the brightness or the blue/red hue back on the 180hz ROG.

milojr21

Post by milojr21 » 14 Oct 2021, 18:42

Just got mine in today. January batch date according to the box. Overdrive setting stays when computer turns off, but VRB gets reset. No flicker on 390hz

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 14 Oct 2021, 20:01

This monitor (Acer Nitro XV252Q Fbmiiprx) is now in position to win the next RTINGS monitor vote for review. They just discovered vote manipulation and got rid of two of the monitors that were beating it. I'm very happy with my purchase and think this is the best monitor I have ever used (HP OMEN X 27 is my second favorite), but I would love to see their objective measurements and how it really compares to everything else. If you are also interested, don't forget to vote for them to review it!
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 17 Oct 2021, 12:20

Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup