Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Crazyness

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by Crazyness » 24 Oct 2021, 07:10

i couldnt upload more than 3..so pls can some1 edit and fit into 1 post and also arrange to match resolutions and VTs..tnx
Attachments
300hz.PNG
300hz.PNG (18.21 KiB) Viewed 3410 times

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 24 Oct 2021, 14:34

Crazyness wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 07:10
i couldnt upload more than 3..so pls can some1 edit and fit into 1 post and also arrange to match resolutions and VTs..tnx
what are these about/for? what program is this? what is your conclusion if anything?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 24 Oct 2021, 14:35

michaelcycle00 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 23:45
lyrill wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 22:47
mxblue wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 10:55
For those of you with this monitor, how are you using it in 390FPS situations? Specifically, are you using ULMB/BFI or sticking to a setting that has a higher brightness?

I owned the Acer 1440p 270hz monitor prior and struggled with BFI on that monitor, it cut brightness by half and I wasn't thrilled. Preferred Dyac+.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8580&p=72399&hilit=extreme#p72399
Mate, could you please try to do the QFT trick Chief is talking about above? If it behaves well at lower refresh rates thanks to that then I'll get the monitor right away.
Just run it in 390hz for all games. if u can't even get one of your main games above 350 or even 300fps, don't bother. it's ideal to at least have one of your main game hitting consistent 400+, if not never dipping below. how you achieve that is your business. I'm waiting on how the market shifts, it seems like a down year considering Razer is also not releasing anything aside from a budget wireless deathadder 3369
basically equiv to the basilisk X (BAX, or later BAV2X) released 2 years ago. If I remember right, the new Orochi (much more appropriately and deservedly V2) mainlined early this year was also 3369 battery.

michaelcycle00

Post by michaelcycle00 » 24 Oct 2021, 14:47

lyrill wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 14:35
michaelcycle00 wrote:
lyrill wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 22:47
mxblue wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 10:55
For those of you with this monitor, how are you using it in 390FPS situations? Specifically, are you using ULMB/BFI or sticking to a setting that has a higher brightness?

I owned the Acer 1440p 270hz monitor prior and struggled with BFI on that monitor, it cut brightness by half and I wasn't thrilled. Preferred Dyac+.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8580&p=72399&hilit=extreme#p72399
Mate, could you please try to do the QFT trick Chief is talking about above? If it behaves well at lower refresh rates thanks to that then I'll get the monitor right away.
Just run it in 390hz for all games. if u can't even get one of your main games above 350 or even 300fps, don't bother. it's ideal to at least have one of your main game hitting consistent 400+, if not never dipping below. how you achieve that is your business. I'm waiting on how the market shifts, it seems like a down year considering Razer is also not releasing anything aside from a budget wireless deathadder 3369
basically equiv to the basilisk X (BAX, or later BAV2X) released 2 years ago. If I remember right, the new Orochi (much more appropriately and deservedly V2) mainlined early this year was also 3369 battery.
I do get over 400 fps consistently on my main games but I also like to play others on the side that won’t be getting that at all like Apex Legends, Battlefield and Warzone which is why I want someone to try the QFT trick Chief talks about on this monitor to see if it works smoothly or not.

As per mice, sadly gonna have to settle with a G Pro X Superlight because my main games don’t support anything above 1khz polling rate.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 24 Oct 2021, 21:43

michaelcycle00 wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 14:47
lyrill wrote:
michaelcycle00 wrote:
I do get over 400 fps consistently on my main games but I also like to play others on the side that won’t be getting that at all like Apex Legends, Battlefield and Warzone which is why I want someone to try the QFT trick Chief talks about on this monitor to see if it works smoothly or not.

As per mice, sadly gonna have to settle with a G Pro X Superlight because my main games don’t support anything above 1khz polling rate.
only 360hz+ monitors require above 1khz mice so... it's like get 8khz mice first, then get 360hz+ monitor. but now you want to get 390hz monitor, but you only have 1khz mice, that's just wrong baby ;p. also go on the thread and plenty of evidence being posted that viper8k is objecetively better than gpxs

for example

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7569&p=67742&hilit=gwtest#p67742

as for games, argubly high hz lower fps is also better than low hz equiv fps(maybe higher if you have not beefy enough gear, since u are talking more demanding games that run fps lower), but some people will think this sounds like justifying 360+hz, it would be true if more 360hz+ monitors start popping out, this thread is alive only because of the sudden surge of absurd sale prices in the West almost as soon as it became available. So on both ends it's not been quickly becoming a bad purchase. In the end it's your choice.

michaelcycle00

Post by michaelcycle00 » 24 Oct 2021, 23:03

lyrill wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:43
michaelcycle00 wrote:
lyrill wrote:
michaelcycle00 wrote:

only 360hz+ monitors require above 1khz mice so... it's like get 8khz mice first, then get 360hz+ monitor. but now you want to get 390hz monitor, but you only have 1khz mice, that's just wrong baby ;p. also go on the thread and plenty of evidence being posted that viper8k is objecetively better than gpxs

for example

as for games, argubly high hz lower fps is also better than low hz equiv fps(maybe higher if you have not beefy enough gear, since u are talking more demanding games that run fps lower), but some people will think this sounds like justifying 360+hz, it would be true if more 360hz+ monitors start popping out, this thread is alive only because of the sudden surge of absurd sale prices in the West almost as soon as it became available. So on both ends it's not been quickly becoming a bad purchase. In the end it's your choice.
Well, it's really not a requirement per se it's just better to have an 8khz mouse if you're playing at 360-390hz. But like I said, I can't play my main game at anything above 1khz because it stutters and it's not smooth.

woland

Post by woland » 25 Oct 2021, 14:35

The viper8k may be better than other mice in theory, but not necessarily in practice. In a real setting the lack of a wire resulting in easier and more consistent movement and lower weight of the gpwx typically result in the gpwx outperforming it. Evidence to this is the complete lack of pro players using the viper8k and the near dominance of the gpw and other viper models. My own personal experience in Kovaaks and Apex matches it. The wire is more of a hinderance than the polling rate improvement, I simply perform better with the gpwx.

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 25 Oct 2021, 14:53

woland wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 14:35
The viper8k may be better than other mice in theory, but not necessarily in practice. In a real setting the lack of a wire resulting in easier and more consistent movement and lower weight of the gpwx typically result in the gpwx outperforming it. Evidence to this is the complete lack of pro players using the viper8k and the near dominance of the gpw and other viper models. My own personal experience in Kovaaks and Apex matches it. The wire is more of a hinderance than the polling rate improvement, I simply perform better with the gpwx.
I guess to each their own. I absolutely hate wireless mice and peripherals. I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with them. I also don’t notice or care about having a wire at all. In fact, I much prefer it over having to worry about power saving features, battery life, and diminished polling rate. I’ve tried the GPro Wireless before. It spun out on me multiple times, but that probably has to do with the sensor. I also know enough about wireless technology to know that their marketing isn’t always truthful. Under perfect conditions it probably is as good as the top wired mice, but we never have perfect conditions. Just take a look at your router. Mine shows hundreds of thousands of retransmissions over WiFi and none over ethernet. Isn’t Logitech using a similar wireless standard? I’ve also had awful experiences with wireless headphones and keyboards. Simply put, I don’t see any need for wireless peripherals when I’m sitting stationary at my desk.

You also have to be careful with “pro” players. Often times, the only thing that makes them pro is simply the incredible amount of time they have invested in the game in question. You’ll regularly find them using mice, keyboards, monitors, and headphones that are certainly not the best options, often times due to sponsors. It doesn’t matter. When they understand the game that well and have invested so much more time than everyone else, they will perform well with any combination of peripherals. Lower latency and all of that can’t make up for raw experience and game sense.
Last edited by lizardpeter on 25 Oct 2021, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Oct 2021, 18:01

michaelcycle00 wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 23:03
lyrill wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:43
michaelcycle00 wrote:
lyrill wrote:

for example

Well, it's really not a requirement per se it's just better to have an 8khz mouse if you're playing at 360-390hz. But like I said, I can't play my main game at anything above 1khz because it stutters and it's not smooth.
apex can go 2khz, so i don't know what main game u have that has higher fps but not supporting even 2khz.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Oct 2021, 18:02

woland wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 14:35
only if u are low edpi. which is again, objectively and subjectively(duh) inferior.