Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ftwknx

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by ftwknx » 27 Jan 2022, 11:43

Refull wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:27
ftwknx wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:10
Vipa wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 12:38
Hi everyone, it's my first post, I wanted to stop ghosting this forum ahahahah,

Just wanted to do a little feedback. I got a XV252QF from Acer Store France, my last monitor was a XL2546K but after I tried 4 of them, 3 with dead/bright pixels, one with those large bezels misaligned with the panel itself, I tried the XV252QF.
To stay unlucky, 6 bright pixels (I can litteraly send pictures of each monitors, I'm so f***** bored).

Apart from this, I'll buy another XL2546K. The XV52QF is quite good BUT the brightness is too dimm to me, it's quite unplayable if you're used to brightness 100 on XL2546K, you can't see shit, like for real. Im a 26 yo player with 5k hours of CSS probably the same ammount for CoD, a lot of event/french online eSport on many games like CoD, CS, etc. I only live for FPS, even tho I have a PS5 and a Switch laying in my room. I was master or grandmaster on OW, GE on CS, on my way to be Onyx on Halo Infinite, and I want to tryhard Valorant to be at least Immortal. (I can't play 15h a day so it takes time rofl)

I would not recommend the XV252QF if you plan to use VRB and you like it BRIGHT, because it's NOT... The normal mode is barely noticeable and you still have a ton of ghosting, while being a pretty fast pannel tho (Tried the AW2521H which is a total MESS).

The next cons are Black Equalizer sucks and you have nowhere near as much as (color) settings the XL2546K have, so if you like your monitor in a certain way, you can't reproduce that. The XL2546K ruined my eyes, I litterally can't play with another monitor now, that's so sad. I tried the X25 from HP Omen and it's a serious competitor for fast paced fps like OW, but when it comes to CS/Valorant, and even on OW/CoD/Halo Infinite, I do prefer the motion clarity that offers the XL2546K.
I also tried the AW2521HFA which is areally bad, tons of ghosting, I may have a bad unit.

So... I am quite disappointed, because BenQ Zowie's quality control seems to suck, and their monitors are near to perfect to me, I'll try another one and pray for a flawless one this time.
I gave up on XV252QF since to me it's unusable competitively, being to dimm with VRB on Extreme made it unusable. And I can't keep it since I do prefer DyAc+ even if it add some input lag, which is barely but still noticeable and like I said, the settings are far far better, I can change settings really easily even without S-Switch.

Can't wait to see a 360Hz AUO IPS tuned by Zowie or maybe a 360/480Hz TN panel !

If you have some questions, I can answer, but I have to say I don't have any of those monitors anymore, a new XL2546K is on its way.

Have a nice day. :D

After buying this monitor, I can agree with you. VRB on extreme is just unplayable in competitive games. I don't understand how anyone is actually able to play like this, but I'm not. 390 Hz is great, but VRB's brightness isn't. Returning it as soon as the XL2546K arrives.
can you show a video regarding brightness with vrb on extreme on csgo?
Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QnjUAmS-t8 at 12:10, although in the video it still looks like the difference is not that big coming from Normal VRB, but trust me, it's half the brightness you have with it on Normal.
planart wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 11:26
I don't understand the brightness complaints. 250cmd2 is plenty - could be even too much for blacked out room. Calibration recommendations start at 120cmd2 for dimmed rooms. White should not scorch your eyes or feel "bright"- it should look more like neutral paper on a table. Up your ingame brightness if you're having problems seeing, don't battle it with extreme brightness setting. Something like over 400cmd in SDR in a dark room, with VRB on can get incredibly taxing for your eyehealth in long run. I would highly advice against it to not get used to something like that.

Use something neutral like 250cmd2 awhile, get used to it and you'll see how crazy it is to use anything more.

This is in a dimmed down room.

If space is very lit, or even direct sunlight then higher brightness can be adviced for visibility.
I don't see how 239 nits is enough for competitive gaming. I have a hard time even browsing the internet with this amount of brightness even when my room is completely dark. The thing that'll actually hurt my eyes in the long run will definitely be the bad brightness. I don't need 400 nits, around 300-330 should've been fine. 239 is nowhere near enough though. I have the brightness at max in CS GO and everything is dark, even with digital vibrance. Valorant is a bit better but still not ideal.

This is coming from someone that plays with night light ON in Windows during night time, so I'm not exactly the type of guy that prefers all the brightness in the world. It's just not enough, and this is exactly why XL2546K is still the king of eSports. At least according to what pros use.

If anyone can play with this brightness, good for you, the Acer is definitely a great choice in those circumstances.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 27 Jan 2022, 16:14

ftwknx wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 11:43
Refull wrote:
ftwknx wrote:
Vipa wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 12:38
Hi everyone, it's my first post, I wanted to stop ghosting this forum ahahahah,

Just wanted to do a little feedback. I got a XV252QF from Acer Store France, my last monitor was a XL2546K but after I tried 4 of them, 3 with dead/bright pixels, one with those large bezels misaligned with the panel itself, I tried the XV252QF.
To stay unlucky, 6 bright pixels (I can litteraly send pictures of each monitors, I'm so f***** bored).

Apart from this, I'll buy another XL2546K. The XV52QF is quite good BUT the brightness is too dimm to me, it's quite unplayable if you're used to brightness 100 on XL2546K, you can't see shit, like for real. Im a 26 yo player with 5k hours of CSS probably the same ammount for CoD, a lot of event/french online eSport on many games like CoD, CS, etc. I only live for FPS, even tho I have a PS5 and a Switch laying in my room. I was master or grandmaster on OW, GE on CS, on my way to be Onyx on Halo Infinite, and I want to tryhard Valorant to be at least Immortal. (I can't play 15h a day so it takes time rofl)

I would not recommend the XV252QF if you plan to use VRB and you like it BRIGHT, because it's NOT... The normal mode is barely noticeable and you still have a ton of ghosting, while being a pretty fast pannel tho (Tried the AW2521H which is a total MESS).

The next cons are Black Equalizer sucks and you have nowhere near as much as (color) settings the XL2546K have, so if you like your monitor in a certain way, you can't reproduce that. The XL2546K ruined my eyes, I litterally can't play with another monitor now, that's so sad. I tried the X25 from HP Omen and it's a serious competitor for fast paced fps like OW, but when it comes to CS/Valorant, and even on OW/CoD/Halo Infinite, I do prefer the motion clarity that offers the XL2546K.
I also tried the AW2521HFA which is areally bad, tons of ghosting, I may have a bad unit.

So... I am quite disappointed, because BenQ Zowie's quality control seems to suck, and their monitors are near to perfect to me, I'll try another one and pray for a flawless one this time.
I gave up on XV252QF since to me it's unusable competitively, being to dimm with VRB on Extreme made it unusable. And I can't keep it since I do prefer DyAc+ even if it add some input lag, which is barely but still noticeable and like I said, the settings are far far better, I can change settings really easily even without S-Switch.

Can't wait to see a 360Hz AUO IPS tuned by Zowie or maybe a 360/480Hz TN panel !

If you have some questions, I can answer, but I have to say I don't have any of those monitors anymore, a new XL2546K is on its way.

Have a nice day. :D

After buying this monitor, I can agree with you. VRB on extreme is just unplayable in competitive games. I don't understand how anyone is actually able to play like this, but I'm not. 390 Hz is great, but VRB's brightness isn't. Returning it as soon as the XL2546K arrives.
Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QnjUAmS-t8 at 12:10, although in the video it still looks like the difference is not that big coming from Normal VRB, but trust me, it's half the brightness you have with it on Normal.
planart wrote:
I don't understand the brightness complaints. 250cmd2 is plenty - could be even too much for blacked out room. Calibration recommendations start at 120cmd2 for dimmed rooms. White should not scorch your eyes or feel "bright"- it should look more like neutral paper on a table. Up your ingame brightness if you're having problems seeing, don't battle it with extreme brightness setting. Something like over 400cmd in SDR in a dark room, with VRB on can get incredibly taxing for your eyehealth in long run. I would highly advice against it to not get used to something like that.

Use something neutral like 250cmd2 awhile, get used to it and you'll see how crazy it is to use anything more.

If space is very lit, or even direct sunlight then higher brightness can be adviced for visibility.
I don't see how 239 nits is enough for competitive gaming. I have a hard time even browsing the internet with this amount of brightness even when my room is completely dark. The thing that'll actually hurt my eyes in the long run will definitely be the bad brightness. I don't need 400 nits, around 300-330 should've been fine. 239 is nowhere near enough though. I have the brightness at max in CS GO and everything is dark, even with digital vibrance. Valorant is a bit better but still not ideal.

This is coming from someone that plays with night light ON in Windows during night time, so I'm not exactly the type of guy that prefers all the brightness in the world. It's just not enough, and this is exactly why XL2546K is still the king of eSports. At least according to what pros use.

If anyone can play with this brightness, good for you, the Acer is definitely a great choice in those circumstances.
This. We don’t need 420cd/m2 we need 300/350 which the Zowie can output even with DyAc. I am sorry but even with max brightness on monitor and game, the Acer is not suitable for eSport if you want to play with VRB.

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 27 Jan 2022, 19:27

U guys don't mention anything about the low input lag of this monitor.

Reminds me of TGLTN pro PUBG player that was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur and bad clarity. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG.

I remember playing PUBG on the Zowie XL2546K the visibility was extremely good.

The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side.

Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.
Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it. I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

planart

Post by planart » 28 Jan 2022, 00:12

Vipa wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:14
ftwknx wrote:
Refull wrote:
ftwknx wrote:

planart wrote:

This. We don’t need 420cd/m2 we need 300/350 which the Zowie can output even with DyAc. I am sorry but even with max brightness on monitor and game, the Acer is not suitable for eSport if you want to play with VRB.
For me it is. Easily. Using it daily. Love it. So much better than XL2456K in my other setup it's not even an competition.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 03:56

daviddave1 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 19:27

Reminds me of TGLTN pro PUBG player that was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur and bad clarity. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG.

Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.
Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it. I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
I'm sorry but I'm not saying I don't trust you, that's not the case, but my performance was the same on AW2521HFA, XL2546K, XV252QF or even with a old XL2411P/VG248QE... It's just a matter of comfort, better is better obviously, but it won't affect that much my performance, that's why I'm always surprised when people tell me "I'm now a lot better due to my monitor/mice/etc." when comparing a top tier XL2546K to a XV252QF when even most pro players on this earth doesn't give a shit about hardware... That was the case at VCT Berlin, sponsored by Alienware so AW2521H everywhere, nobody had issues with those monitors (except NA players maybe :lol:) so I just think it's completely a placebo effect and the comfort is the goal, having a lot of settings, color settings, black equalizer which performs well, a well looking screen, etc. If the XV252QF was bright enough, I would have stick with it. (Like I said, I swapped the XL2546K because of dead pixels and misaligned screen with bezels - panel going behind bezels, 4 monitors with flaws, I was bored)

Back in the days I was way better than today and only playing with a VG248QE and shitty Roccat stuff bought at a mall... :lol:

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 03:57

planart wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 00:12
Vipa wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 16:14
ftwknx wrote:
Refull wrote:

planart wrote:

For me it is. Easily. Using it daily. Love it. So much better than XL2456K in my other setup it's not even an competition.
Glad you like it then, like we said before, if you can handle the low brightness of that monitor, it's the way to go since it's so good to play with. Like I said, 350 nits while VRB on Extreme and I would have never be looking at XL2546K :lol:

Zace

Post by Zace » 28 Jan 2022, 10:16

Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 03:56
daviddave1 wrote:

I'm sorry but I'm not saying I don't trust you, that's not the case, but my performance was the same on AW2521HFA, XL2546K, XV252QF or even with a old XL2411P/VG248QE... It's just a matter of comfort, better is better obviously, but it won't affect that much my performance, that's why I'm always surprised when people tell me "I'm now a lot better due to my monitor/mice/etc." when comparing a top tier XL2546K to a XV252QF when even most pro players on this earth doesn't give a shit about hardware... That was the case at VCT Berlin, sponsored by Alienware so AW2521H everywhere, nobody had issues with those monitors (except NA players maybe :lol:) so I just think it's completely a placebo effect and the comfort is the goal, having a lot of settings, color settings, black equalizer which performs well, a well looking screen, etc. If the XV252QF was bright enough, I would have stick with it. (Like I said, I swapped the XL2546K because of dead pixels and misaligned screen with bezels - panel going behind bezels, 4 monitors with flaws, I was bored)

Back in the days I was way better than today and only playing with a VG248QE and shitty Roccat stuff bought at a mall... :lol:
Thing is back in the days the norm is 60hz. Now it’s 144hz. So the average enemy probably will likely be using a 60hz panel giving your VG248QE a chance. Comparing xl2546K to xv252qf no big difference? Hello? There’s a huge difference even a blind person can tell.

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 28 Jan 2022, 10:55

Zace wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 10:16
Thing is back in the days the norm is 60hz. Now it’s 144hz. So the average enemy probably will likely be using a 60hz panel giving your VG248QE a chance. Comparing xl2546K to xv252qf no big difference? Hello? There’s a huge difference even a blind person can tell.
having had side by side xl2546k and xv252qf for me there is no comparison, acer is clearly superior
(if you are willing to accept lower brightness with active strobing)

Zace

Post by Zace » 28 Jan 2022, 10:59

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 10:55
Zace wrote:
having had side by side xl2546k and xv252qf for me there is no comparison, acer is clearly superior
(if you are willing to accept lower brightness with active strobing)
Yea, acer destroys the zowie.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 12:11

Zace wrote:
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 03:56
daviddave1 wrote:

Wait wait wait wait wait. You're reading my text in the wrong way, I'm only talking about performance in game, not monitor performance.
I didn't tell that there was no differences at all between those two monitors. I said performance wise while playing I am not playing better with one or another monitor, I'm still performing the same on XV252QF or XL2546K, but I am definitely not saying that there is no difference between those two monitors, I also said if the Acer was brighter, I would definitely keep it.
Too bad it's not.