Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Vipa

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 12:17

Zace wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 10:59
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 10:55
Zace wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 10:16
Thing is back in the days the norm is 60hz. Now it’s 144hz. So the average enemy probably will likely be using a 60hz panel giving your VG248QE a chance. Comparing xl2546K to xv252qf no big difference? Hello? There’s a huge difference even a blind person can tell.
having had side by side xl2546k and xv252qf for me there is no comparison, acer is clearly superior
(if you are willing to accept lower brightness with active strobing)
Yea, acer destroys the zowie.
Of course and I'll never say Zowies better for office, work or whatever, even when playing casual games or not that serious into eSport. That's my only problem, I only use that monitor to play competitive fps at a certain level (not saying I am the best of the universe at all) and the Acer can't match with me due to again, that low brightness...

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 28 Jan 2022, 12:37

Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:11
Zace wrote:
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 03:56
daviddave1 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 19:27
U guys don't mention anything about the low input lag of this monitor.

Reminds me of TGLTN pro PUBG player that was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur and bad clarity. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG.

I remember playing PUBG on the Zowie XL2546K the visibility was extremely good.

The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side.

Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.
Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it. I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
I'm sorry but I'm not saying I don't trust you, that's not the case, but my performance was the same on AW2521HFA, XL2546K, XV252QF or even with a old XL2411P/VG248QE... It's just a matter of comfort, better is better obviously, but it won't affect that much my performance, that's why I'm always surprised when people tell me "I'm now a lot better due to my monitor/mice/etc." when comparing a top tier XL2546K to a XV252QF when even most pro players on this earth doesn't give a shit about hardware... That was the case at VCT Berlin, sponsored by Alienware so AW2521H everywhere, nobody had issues with those monitors (except NA players maybe :lol:) so I just think it's completely a placebo effect and the comfort is the goal, having a lot of settings, color settings, black equalizer which performs well, a well looking screen, etc. If the XV252QF was bright enough, I would have stick with it. (Like I said, I swapped the XL2546K because of dead pixels and misaligned screen with bezels - panel going behind bezels, 4 monitors with flaws, I was bored)

Back in the days I was way better than today and only playing with a VG248QE and shitty Roccat stuff bought at a mall... :lol:
Thing is back in the days the norm is 60hz. Now it’s 144hz. So the average enemy probably will likely be using a 60hz panel giving your VG248QE a chance. Comparing xl2546K to xv252qf no big difference? Hello? There’s a huge difference even a blind person can tell.
Wait wait wait wait wait. You're reading my text in the wrong way, I'm only talking about performance in game, not monitor performance.
I didn't tell that there was no differences at all between those two monitors. I said performance wise while playing I am not playing better with one or another monitor, I'm still performing the same on XV252QF or XL2546K, but I am definitely not saying that there is no difference between those two monitors, I also said if the Acer was brighter, I would definitely keep it.
Too bad it's not.
if you put it in this perspective probably if your skills are high you could also play on a 27 inch 2k 270hz and have a nicer and sharper image and get results and kills similar to these 24 inches, it's always a subtle talk to distinguish sensations from scores

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 12:59

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:37
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:11
Zace wrote:
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 03:56

I'm sorry but I'm not saying I don't trust you, that's not the case, but my performance was the same on AW2521HFA, XL2546K, XV252QF or even with a old XL2411P/VG248QE... It's just a matter of comfort, better is better obviously, but it won't affect that much my performance, that's why I'm always surprised when people tell me "I'm now a lot better due to my monitor/mice/etc." when comparing a top tier XL2546K to a XV252QF when even most pro players on this earth doesn't give a shit about hardware... That was the case at VCT Berlin, sponsored by Alienware so AW2521H everywhere, nobody had issues with those monitors (except NA players maybe :lol:) so I just think it's completely a placebo effect and the comfort is the goal, having a lot of settings, color settings, black equalizer which performs well, a well looking screen, etc. If the XV252QF was bright enough, I would have stick with it. (Like I said, I swapped the XL2546K because of dead pixels and misaligned screen with bezels - panel going behind bezels, 4 monitors with flaws, I was bored)

Back in the days I was way better than today and only playing with a VG248QE and shitty Roccat stuff bought at a mall... :lol:
Wait wait wait wait wait. You're reading my text in the wrong way, I'm only talking about performance in game, not monitor performance.
I didn't tell that there was no differences at all between those two monitors. I said performance wise while playing I am not playing better with one or another monitor, I'm still performing the same on XV252QF or XL2546K, but I am definitely not saying that there is no difference between those two monitors, I also said if the Acer was brighter, I would definitely keep it.
Too bad it's not.
if you put it in this perspective probably if your skills are high you could also play on a 27 inch 2k 270hz and have a nicer and sharper image and get results and kills similar to these 24 inches, it's always a subtle talk to distinguish sensations from scores
Of course, and I did, I used to play on a AW2721D for 2 month before selling it, (If you don't trust me, I have a picture of each of those monitors), the fact is, I was absolutely performing the same, BUT the major downside was the size is too big, I play extremely near from my monitor (I know it's quite bad), but having a 27 inch monitor made me crazy sometimes, it was just too big for analyzing 100% of the screen and that was my main and only complaint, even the ghosting was still playable in fast overdrive mode.
So I come back to what I was saying, it's only comfort to me, and I know few eSport semi-pro or pro players who just don't give a f*** about stuff, some plays on monitors I won't even think of buying one day. :lol:

EDIT: And I hope I'm not too pretentious, I'm really not, I'm a average ++ player, I know how FPS works because I play thousand hours, that's simple as that, everybody who plays 6-8h a day for 15 years can do the same.

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 28 Jan 2022, 14:27

Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:59
Of course, and I did, I used to play on a AW2721D for 2 month before selling it, (If you don't trust me, I have a picture of each of those monitors), the fact is, I was absolutely performing the same, BUT the major downside was the size is too big, I play extremely near from my monitor (I know it's quite bad), but having a 27 inch monitor made me crazy sometimes, it was just too big for analyzing 100% of the screen and that was my main and only complaint, even the ghosting was still playable in fast overdrive mode.
So I come back to what I was saying, it's only comfort to me, and I know few eSport semi-pro or pro players who just don't give a f*** about stuff, some plays on monitors I won't even think of buying one day. :lol:

EDIT: And I hope I'm not too pretentious, I'm really not, I'm a average ++ player, I know how FPS works because I play thousand hours, that's simple as that, everybody who plays 6-8h a day for 15 years can do the same.
I agree with what you say but at this point perhaps it is worth asking what is the point of this whole rush to the most performing monitor?
you just wrote that you come from xl2546k and xv252qf and you get the same performance even on a 27 2k which is more uncomfortable for the eyes because it is very large, which has an input lag and a higher response time, but your results were same.........
if you were really getting the same performances I suggest you go back to 2k and move it a bit away from you, at least you will have a pleasant image for the eyes, using a 24 inch full hd must give you perfomance and better scores otherwise it really doesn't make sense to use it since you see everything worse

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 28 Jan 2022, 15:07

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 14:27
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:59

I agree with what you say but at this point perhaps it is worth asking what is the point of this whole rush to the most performing monitor?
you just wrote that you come from xl2546k and xv252qf and you get the same performance even on a 27 2k which is more uncomfortable for the eyes because it is very large, which has an input lag and a higher response time, but your results were same.........
if you were really getting the same performances I suggest you go back to 2k and move it a bit away from you, at least you will have a pleasant image for the eyes, using a 24 inch full hd must give you perfomance and better scores otherwise it really doesn't make sense to use it since you see everything worse
As you said, I really wanted to keep it, I did move the monitor but the stand was HUGE, I also bought a monitor arm from Ergotron, and you know what, I was having back pain because I just moved my head in front of the monitor… bad habits, and I can’t change 15 years of gaming like that…
And for office use case, 1440p is of course the m way to go, I have 2 1440p 27p from Lenovo/Dell for work.

To summarize the only issue is me having bad habits and nitpicking because I can do it and have the money to do it, otherwise I would have bought a Lambda 27p165Hz Monitor and go, but I’m here because I want like we say in french « La crème de la crème » of monitors/gear. It’s my guilty pleasure.

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 29 Jan 2022, 08:45

Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 15:07
As you said, I really wanted to keep it, I did move the monitor but the stand was HUGE, I also bought a monitor arm from Ergotron, and you know what, I was having back pain because I just moved my head in front of the monitor… bad habits, and I can’t change 15 years of gaming like that…
And for office use case, 1440p is of course the m way to go, I have 2 1440p 27p from Lenovo/Dell for work.

To summarize the only issue is me having bad habits and nitpicking because I can do it and have the money to do it, otherwise I would have bought a Lambda 27p165Hz Monitor and go, but I’m here because I want like we say in french « La crème de la crème » of monitors/gear. It’s my guilty pleasure.
I understand you perfectly, I am someone like you, I only allow myself to tell you that every now and then we have to stop and look objectively at what we are doing.
An upgrade to the monitor MUST give you an advantage over the previous one, otherwise everything loses meaning.
That was all I meant

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 29 Jan 2022, 16:55

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 08:45
Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 15:07

I understand you perfectly, I am someone like you, I only allow myself to tell you that every now and then we have to stop and look objectively at what we are doing.
An upgrade to the monitor MUST give you an advantage over the previous one, otherwise everything loses meaning.
That was all I meant
You're totally right. Sometimes I need to slow down, it's hard when you're also like that at work, etc. :lol:

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 30 Jan 2022, 13:12

Vipa wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 16:55
You're totally right. Sometimes I need to slow down, it's hard when you're also like that at work, etc. :lol:
Today I tried a 2k 270hz (acer predator xb273ugx), I went home and turned on my xv252qf and it feels like I'm flying, an abyss.
Frankly I don't know how you can say you got the same performance comparing alienware 2k aw2721d and acer xv252qf .........

there is a difference in reactivity and input lag as day and night and from what I read the predator xb273ugx that I tested today should also be more performing than the alienware 2721d

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 31 Jan 2022, 20:38

Vipa wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 12:17
Of course and I'll never say Zowies better for office, work or whatever, even when playing casual games or not that serious into eSport. That's my only problem, I only use that monitor to play competitive fps at a certain level (not saying I am the best of the universe at all) and the Acer can't match with me due to again, that low brightness...
I am really not sure how you find the brightness of the Acer to be too low. Without strobing, it is very bright. I only use a fraction of the brightness and do not even have max brightness enabled. With strobing turned to extreme, it actually was brighter than the settings I currently use with no strobing.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 01 Feb 2022, 04:47

guys ..500hz is now teased, by BOE

although do remember that TCL's tease has been out for 1+ year and it was scoffed at by chief and i guess Chief's right. it's still not out. putting a convention prototype on doesn't mean it's not vaporware i guess...