Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Ravannok

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by Ravannok » 05 Aug 2022, 08:22

Guys,
I just bought this monitor, and i dont know much about the OD and vrb settings. What i should set them to to get the best performance in CSGO. I bought this one for competetive gaming so thats all i am conserned about. Can someone help me with this, and talk me through what the setings do, how should i set the settings, what is overshoot( i heard that VRB on extreme couses it) and so on..
Thanks in advance!!

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 06 Aug 2022, 13:35

Sorry about all the claims of unusual artifacts, such as crosshair becoming noticeably blurry on OD extreme.

I always figured I got a dud or there were some electrical interference, instead it turns out I saw those things because of THC consumption + extended periods of gaming lead to my eye veins being ruptured. Just confirmed it today :)

But I am still on overdrive normal because extreme (fs on or off) kinda feels like it's drying up my eyes quicker and also I am just comfortable on normal atm.
Ravannok wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 08:22
Guys,
I just bought this monitor, and i dont know much about the OD and vrb settings. What i should set them to to get the best performance in CSGO. I bought this one for competetive gaming so thats all i am conserned about. Can someone help me with this, and talk me through what the setings do, how should i set the settings, what is overshoot( i heard that VRB on extreme couses it) and so on..
Thanks in advance!!
set both overdrive and VRB(TVR) to extreme. if you notice your eye being stressed out after a short period of time or if you need the additional brightness turn off vrb. there's not much else to set up other then maybe color adjustments.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

brandyn

Post by brandyn » 07 Aug 2022, 00:19

Hi, so I get the black flicker problem with the default cable and an amazon basics DP 1.4 cable so i'm using 360hz, my screen also goes black if i move the cable with my foot by accident- i was wondering if a different cable would fix both of these issues for me? I'm in the UK so recommendations have to be EU based. I was wondering if OD is better on normal or extreme for 360hz? I know that normal is recommended for 390hz but what about 360hz? is extreme fine?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 08 Aug 2022, 02:52

i wouldn't say it's definitely going to kill your eyes but it certainly isn't your average to top end phone oled but now 24 inch and 390hz, if u get me.

the ips....again I treated it as a freebie. i hate that it's not real hdr, but it can't be worse than tn. or that it really isn't. lol

the color settings......i've grown basically used to gaming on 2.6 and everything else, it is indeed just the vrb that needs to be turned off along with od when off gaming.....because why would you game for 12 hours it's not the mmorpg days anymore

2.2 still feels most well adjusted for content. maxing everything with or without hdr is just gonna have all bleached patches. yeah it's terrible.

MrStinkybutt

Post by MrStinkybutt » 10 Aug 2022, 06:11

I ended up buying the XV252QF. It's a great monitor. However, I'm annoyed that VBR constantly resets to off. I emailed Acer support and got a reply:

"There is always coming out new updates when there is a need for an update, we don´t have a list of what updates is coming or when. But it seems that many people wants this feature to be fixed so the setting can be saved it´s possible there will come an update in the future."

Quite a vague respons and certainly not helpful in terms of actually addressing the issue. Hopefully Acer will release a firmware update soon, as many people have this issue.

olofsson_tom

Post by olofsson_tom » 10 Aug 2022, 06:31

MrStinkybutt wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 06:11
I ended up buying the XV252QF. It's a great monitor. However, I'm annoyed that VBR constantly resets to off. I emailed Acer support and got a reply:

"There is always coming out new updates when there is a need for an update, we don´t have a list of what updates is coming or when. But it seems that many people wants this feature to be fixed so the setting can be saved it´s possible there will come an update in the future."

Quite a vague respons and certainly not helpful in terms of actually addressing the issue. Hopefully Acer will release a firmware update soon, as many people have this issue.
Yeah, the people at acer seems really hard-working. I emailed them about this too, sometime last year. Last driver or anything they uploaded is over a year and a half old. Must be REAL busy...

https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/s ... t/8842?b=1

MrStinkybutt

Post by MrStinkybutt » 10 Aug 2022, 06:59

olofsson_tom wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 06:31
MrStinkybutt wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 06:11

Yeah, the people at acer seems really hard-working. I emailed them about this too, sometime last year. Last driver or anything they uploaded is over a year and a half old. Must be REAL busy...

https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/s ... t/8842?b=1
Exactly what I was thinking. It's really annoying.
I just found out that you can program hotkeys on the monitor configuring different settings, e.g. VRB. With this it's at least easier than going through all the settings to find VRB - but it should really be something Acer just patched in a firmware update, so we don't have to deal with this shit manually.

Ravannok

Post by Ravannok » 11 Aug 2022, 07:36

Hi again.
My monitor arrived today and i have one problem. I turn on the oc in the monitor settings, SO 390hz would be avaliable. But in Windows i can choose max 360:/ anyone knows why? Is my old gpu a problem (rx580 8gb)? What can i do to make it work?

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 11 Aug 2022, 08:56

Their support is the worst I've ever attempted to contact

deestroying

Post by deestroying » 15 Aug 2022, 23:04

Anyone running a 3M (10 feet) DP cable? Any issues with 390hz?