Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
woodyfly

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by woodyfly » 09 Sep 2022, 19:23

Monitor arrived today with the screen smashed. So dissapointing. Never had this happen

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 09 Sep 2022, 20:48

Shipping company problem? That sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

Any mod or hacks to enable TRV upon boot or are we still going to have to keep manually setting it?

SageBandit

Post by SageBandit » 17 Sep 2022, 02:39

Hello,

I’ve just bought this monitor and I am pretty happy with it (coming from a decade of using 1440p monitors and high refresh rates).

Do you guys have any recommendation regarding a custom resolution for 300hz regarding timings ?

I run apex at 300 fps pretty consistently and wanted to get the best possible experience so I figured OD Extreme and VRB extreme would be the best setting with a custom resolution ?

I also play other games (having a 12900k and a 3090), and some are not consistent in their frame rate.

For instance Battlefield 2042 is a chore to run - it starts at 200fps and then hover around 130 to 150 fps - what would be the best setting for it ? Just using VRR in the form of gsync ? Or custom 144hz resolution with VBR on ?

Also is the widest color mode the « general » one ?

Thanks !

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 20 Sep 2022, 13:56

Just got the monitor, finally after almost 3 weeks.

Background: 8k hrs csgo, high level competitive

Other monitors I've owned: xl2546k 240hz (previously using), nitro xf2 240hz

Games I play: CSGO only.

First impressions: xl2546k has 5-15% better motion clarity when moving around fast. It's a little clearer but not by much. The acer has the noticeable advantage of lower input lag and better fluidity overall due to higher refresh rate. The higher frame rate makes the game look smoother and "slower" making it easier to react to things in PARTICULAR awping. My awping (sniping) is noticeable better, hitting every shot when enemies peek into me.

Now let's talk about "what if i cant reach 390fps". On my xl2546k, if my fps was anywhere from 240-340 (or below 240), my game would feel stuttery. I either had to use vsync (which im not going to do because it adds input lag) or pump my fps over 400-700 which was fortunately easy to do in CSGO. So it had issues with frameskipping or whatever it was. On this acer, i tried playing with 300 fps and it felt fine, there was no such stutter issues although it doesnt feel as smooth at 300 fps. So yes, u can play games with under 390 fps, it won't look as smooth but it certainly wont look horrible.

What about the low brightness or flickering issue? I've had no issue with flickering with my model (aopeon firelegend). Brightness with extreme TVR was bright enough. I don't know what people are smoking that "they cant see anything" with this "low brightness". If anything, it might be a little too bright for me. If you're a guy who likes to play with 100% brightness super bright then yeah, this will feel a little dark. I personally do not notice it being dark whatsoever.

Conclusion. DEFINITELY better than the xl2546k for CSGO & VALORANT. Can't speak for other games as I don't play them. I see no reason to buy an xl2546k as this monitor is cheaper and superior. If you play csgo or valorant, I think this is the best monitor currently available for those games until we see reviews for the new benq. I however will be returning the monitor despite all of this. It's a sidegrade to the xl2546k and not worth it if you already have a top 240hz monitor.
Last edited by woodyfly on 21 Sep 2022, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 20 Sep 2022, 14:20

woodyfly wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 13:56
Just got the monitor, finally after almost 3 weeks.

Background: 8k hrs csgo, high level competitive

Other monitors I've owned: xl2546k 240hz (previously using), nitro xf2 240hz

Games I play: CSGO only.

First impressions: xl2546k has 5-15% better motion clarity when moving around fast. It's a little clearer but not by much. The acer has the noticeable advantage of lower input lag and better fluidity overall due to higher refresh rate. The higher frame rate makes the game look smoother and "slower" making it easier to react to things in PARTICULAR awping. My awping (sniping) is noticeable better, hitting every shot when enemies peek into me.

Now let's talk about "what if i cant reach 390fps". On my xl2546k, if my fps was anywhere from 240-340 (or below 240), my game would feel stuttery. I either had to use vsync (which im not going to do because it adds input lag) or pump my fps over 400-700 which was fortunately easy to do in CSGO. So it had issues with frameskipping or whatever it was. On this acer, i tried playing with 300 fps and it felt fine, there was no such stutter issues although it doesnt feel as smooth at 300 fps. So yes, u can play games with under 390 fps, it won't look as smooth but it certainly wont look horrible.

What about the low brightness or flickering issue? I've had no issue with flickering with my model (aopeon firelegend). Brightness with extreme TVR was bright enough. I don't know what people are smoking that "they cant see anything" with this "low brightness". If anything, it might be a little too bright for me. If you're a guy who likes to play with 100% brightness super bright then yeah, this will feel a little dark. I personally do not notice it being dark whatsoever.

Conclusion. DEFINITELY better than the xl2546k for CSGO & VALORANT. Can't speak for other games as I don't play them. I see no reason to buy an xl2546k as this monitor is cheaper and superior. If you play csgo or valorant, I think this is the best monitor currently available for those games until we see reviews for the new benq.
Keep in in mind that the 360hz Zowie XL2566k is coming out in 4 weeks. ( oct 18) That monitor should be the best of both worlds. Not sure if u can still return the Acer but just saying. https://zowie.benq.com/en-us/monitor/xl2566k.html
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 20 Sep 2022, 18:03

Yes i know the new benq is coming out

arcturian

Post by arcturian » 22 Sep 2022, 02:51

Does anyone else have problems with the motion tests not syncing at 390fps? I've tried chrome, edge, firefox. All seems to lag and have issues. Is there a software motion test I can get?

boxszs

Post by boxszs » 02 Oct 2022, 02:05

Where can you buy this in the USA?

boostq3

Post by boostq3 » 12 Oct 2022, 14:11

daviddave1 wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 03:56
bluefrisky wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 00:52
Notty_PT wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 15:54
Zace wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:11

Your not sponsored by AOC by any chance?
Oh, Just because I like their particular model? Sure.. I was also sponsored by viewsonic 4 years ago when I heavily recomended xg2401...

I Just like matured panels, they have the best pixel response time and lowest input lag for the refresh rate.

Every 360hz monitor is rubbish, Acer nitro too. It is my opinion and trust me, I am not the only one.
This monitor has been confirmed to have the lowest input lag out of any monitor, multiple times. Not only that but it has the highest refresh rate recorded, and a pretty good pixel response time, one that can keep up with 360-390hz. It is also $350 at micro center, making it a no-brainer over any other e-sports monitor on the market, unless you really want DYAC levels of motion clarity and don't care about anything else. From my own testing, this monitor at 390Hz/390FPS constant with VRB on extreme feels a few levels better than the zowie at 240Hz/FPS with DYAC+ on. I can feel the smoother frames, lower input lag, and motion clarity is about equal simply because of the higher refresh rate and more than serviceable VRB setting. It's also cheaper and the colors on it are better than the Zowie.

You really just come off as a hater for the sake of being a hater, without having any data to backup your little feelings.
I get where Notty_PT is coming from and I appreciate it. I got the XG2401 that he recommended couple years ago & absolutely loved it.

I also tried the TN Zowie XL2546K, the IPS Alienware 360hz and now the IPS Acer 390hz. Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.

Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it.
On the IPS Acer 390hz ( and the TN XG2401 144hz! and the IPS Alienware 360hz) I am always at the top players. That's why I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
A plus also of the IPS Acer 390hz is the motionblur reduction (VRB) on 390hz!! That is very noticeable and nice! That the Acer 390hz is a little less bright with VRB on is not a issue in Quake. It is definitely worth it.

I also like to ad that your preference depends on your main game.

TGLTN pro PUBG player was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur. The Dyac and the TN panel on the Zowie XL2546K where essential for the lowest motionblur and best clarity possible. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG. I don't think he only said that cause he just lost in the tourney.

I remember playing PUBG on the Zowie XL2546K the visibility was extremely good.

The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side.

On the TN Zowie XL2546K u can change the colors and sharpness making the enemy's stand out like nothing else. It reminded me of a extra digital vibrance setting to make the enemy's "pop out" so they can't hide in the darkness or somewhere else.
For visibility (and thereby tracking the enemy's) the colors on the TN Zowie XL2546K are way better then the colors the IPS panels generate.

On most IPS panels u can't adjust the colors or sharpness. On the IPS Acer 390hz u can adjust the colors a little. But because of the low brightness the motion blur reduction (VRB) gives u not really notice it. Plus these settings cannot be saved! (Its a bug!)

On the IPS Acer 390hz with VRB on extreme there is more blur then on the TN Zowie XL2546K Dyac plus with VRB on extreme the Acer 390hz is not very bright.

If u only play PUBG and no other games the XL2546K is the best I think: U see enemies the best.

Having said that a game also like Apex will feel way more snappier on the IPS then on the TN. The lower inputlag on the IPS is definitely very noticeable.

When Zowie comes out with a 360/390/480 hz TN DYAC I will definitely give it a try. It will be the best of both worlds.

Hi , how to unlock 360fps in quakelive?? .

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 12 Oct 2022, 16:40

boostq3 wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 14:11
Hi , how to unlock 360fps in quakelive?? .
Usually PCGamingWiki has that info for most games:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Quake_Live
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.