Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
lyrill

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:18

effjaysea wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 20:54
Difficult to answer because I can't really provide evidence for what I'm about to say as it's all ''feels''.

I bought the first Asus 360hz monitor that became available day 1 and was going to replace my BenQ. First thing I did was launch Apex to play with a friend and realized something felt off. I kept playing and just realized my aim just wasn't the same. This is super odd given how when I upgraded previously from 60hz, 120hz, 144hz and finally to 240hz, my first impression has always been the same ''holy shit, this is so smooth and the mosue feels super responsive''. However my first impression of 360hz was that it was smooth, but less responsive. I really don't know why. It almost felt like heavy mouse smoothing. I legit couldn't perform half as well as I did on my BenQ. Is it because of 360hz? Is it because it's IPS and I'm used to TN? Did I simply not give it enough time? I have no idea. Either way I quickly went back to my BenQ and everything felt right. Color vibrance I can tweak directly in the monitor, sharpness, DyAc, the list goes on. A month or so later, I started seeing pro players who were given 360hz monitors switch back to their BenQ. I have no idea why, but if the best Valorant player is switching back, there has to be something going on.

At this point I'm just going to wait for BenQ to release a 360hz monitor before I bother trying something new again.
because that garbage cartoony foty game is capped at 190fps/hz or whatever didn't someone earlier in this thread already mentioned 190 capping? how are you oblivious to this dated fact if you claim to care about "the pro scene"?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:19

RestTarRr wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 04:36
Thanks for the input. BTW do you play every game with dyac or is the monitor still really good competitively even without it. I just don't know if I wouldn't get headaches from it. Final question - does dyac feel bad if the FPS isn't consistent. PUBG is my main fps game and the fps there is really hit or miss. Would it look bad if fps is jumping around 140-250?
pubg does not cap fps unlike apex lulgend and with beefy rtx30 on all low you can easily max beyond 300fps...but the problem is more about their rebranding and dissociating entirely with brendan greene and the lackluster new korean map that was supposed to revitalize the 8x8 or "big map" thingy. now everyone's suddenly gonna rain cash to EA again after being cucked by bf5 pre order "red devil" bs.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:23

Discorz wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 12:06
Just saw it. Wat da hek is AOPEN FireLegend lol? And check out the slightly different name 25XV2Q F vs XV252Q F.
This Aopen is also cheaper at $450, $400 on sale he says. That is just insane. He didn't say anything about overdrive being disabled with freesync. Could it be that this one has it?
is it? the overclockable to 400+hz panels go as cheap as sub 300$ not 1-2 weeks or within a month after acer 252qf came out in Jan 2021(and when I bought it and arrived first in the world---made in week2 Jan 2021)

I don't know how to assemble and honestly the DIY scene is no longer ghetto/interesting for decade+ anyways so I guess you are just paying for the price of assembling bits and pieces and well, the acer brand, however much that's worth

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:26

ms.potatoe wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 01:34
@michaelcycle00
I always play VRR with 384 fps cap. Doom 2016 ( 200 fps engine cap ) and Doom Eternal ( 250fps-384fps ) are a pleasure with this monitor.

@reffp
With VRR OD is activated by default at normal mode ( not disabled ).

Beware the hype xd. In general IMO is a bit better than VG279QM 280Hz OD 80, isn't the night and the day.
but the later game doesn't even have proper pvp..

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:31

michaelcycle00 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 20:41
axaro1 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 14:24
Inco^ wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:59
It seems to me that my PG259QN is lacking in the motion clarity department, should I get this 390Hz-MBR monitor?
Idk, if you have money to spend then you could give it a try but honestly the PG259QN is extremely close to the XV252QF, it's most likely the same panel but with different overdrive behaviour and refresh rate limitations.

If I was you I'd wait for full panel crosstalk tests at 390hz with MBR before deciding to try it.
Yeah, however, I think competitive gamers like me should also consider that the odds are they'll probably be limited to 1 game where they'll get 390+ fps at all times with no fluctuations under the 390hz refresh-rate and everything else will be lower than that. Hell, I play Minecraft (optimized to the bones) and there are like 3 maps where, with a 10900k @ 5.2ghz and a 4000mhz ram kit paired with an RTX 3080 CANNOT hold even 300 fps at "mid" (190-280fps fluctuations are the standard). Sounds unbelievable but if you have a similar setup check it out yourself; Minecraft 1.16.5, Server IP: play.cubecraft.net, gamemode: eggwars, map: TeaParty. If you can survive, stay near the diamond and gold generators at middle while fighting someone for a couple mins and you'll see (if you're doing it buy as many golden apples as you can or you'll get dropped in seconds). Same thing with Warzone, 180-240fps if you have a really good rig. All those fluctuations create inconsistency in your aiming and are a detriment to your muscle memory so you are not able to play at your maximum level. Plus who wants to get used to 390 fps in one game and then go play another where you get 150 fps and feel such a big difference in motion blur?

Anyone thinks differently?
you don't need to "think" about this, if you are talking games none of the current games are legit anyways (in the similar line of logic that many of you insist on remarking "every modern monitor is trash i want my golden era CRT master race back" ), and that also means none of the esport scenes are meaningful at all (also funny that it's the pro scenes that on one hand always helping to promote certain gear, even as early as the supposedly immature 240hz monitors not even native from aizo or eizo was it? and on the other hand sticking to 3360 for eternity so much so that benq is STILL releasing 3360 mice to THIS DATE, under literally everyone sane's backlash), I complained about this many times in tech forums and it triggered Razer's marketing lead Razer_Right so much he made a thread to openly insult me for no reason behind my back, other than that the salty mob would agree with him and he could farm ez karma and cause more chaos in a deader and deader "gamer community" for the lolz

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:38

CJRS wrote:
22 Jul 2021, 06:27
All these options makes it not easier to order the right new monitor. Can't decide between this new xv252qf or Asus 360hz/AlienWare2521H. From what I see it's all the same panel but acer has the OC option to 390hz. I also have never played with any strobing technique and mainly only played around with Gsync/VRR (that feels good in some games and in some less, inputlag wise).

I know that the MBR technique for this monitor goes up to 390hz, is it that much cleaner, snappier and sharper to play with than vrr?
Mainly play high competitive fps shooters on pc where 400+ fps is not a prob, or ps5. Im not interested in the nvidia reflex tech that much. Motion clarity, inputlag/snappyness is most important to me. Any advice from you guys? Money is not the issue.
the issue is 1 : nvidia lying about in terms of reflex stuff both on mice and monitor

and 2: razer refusing to release 8khz on other than argubly their worst( if not at least least inspiring) "modern" mouse shape--just cus it's the most popular (for duh reasons, or rather they are all one reason)

and obviously 1 and 2 are more or less the same problem. (fighting monopoly with monopoly 2021 very original such wow wake me up when kingdom of heaven has arrived and all men are treated equal BUT also allow their own originality to thrive plox)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Aug 2021, 10:47

lizardpeter wrote:
05 Aug 2021, 13:13
It would be awesome if everyone could vote for this monitor to be reviewed by RTINGs. That way we can get more objective information on it and see how it compares to others in input lag, motion clarity, etc.
...........no.......but go ahead and let them do whatever.

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 14 Aug 2021, 13:12

What do you mean? They have one of the largest databases for monitor reviews and test things like pixel response and input lag in a uniform manner that allows for direct comparisons between monitors. Unless you have better equipment and have tested hundreds of monitors and are willing to share that data, I’m not sure what you are talking about.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 15 Aug 2021, 14:21

lizardpeter wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 13:12
What do you mean? They have one of the largest databases for monitor reviews and test things like pixel response and input lag in a uniform manner that allows for direct comparisons between monitors. Unless you have better equipment and have tested hundreds of monitors and are willing to share that data, I’m not sure what you are talking about.
they are generic that's why. they aren't savvy nor are willing to join in on cutting edge top of the top stuff discussion. we or at least I don't need their verdict nor any other reviewers' who came in late to the party by anywhere from few months to 8 months total and counting, nor did anyone in the mouse scene need their amateur input on any of the gaming mice, as Razer_theFiend also pointed out once already long ago. so no not the way some people put them on the level of pedestal they obviously don't deserve------and don't tell me about endless amounts of monitors I can live with just one on my desk tyvm, already paid premium for each and every one of them in the past, and you would think that 2 decades ago nobody would ever pay or change a monitor the idea doesn't even begin to compute.

GLA1VESON

Post by GLA1VESON » 16 Aug 2021, 02:13

Hey Guys, I'm new around here and this thread is the only one I found about this monitor.
For those who have already purchased this monitor I really need your opinion on if it's worth it in my case.
I mainly play FPS games: BF5, COD Cold War, CSGO... so low settings always to achieve maximum fps. Although with my temporary setup (R7 3700X RTX 2060 16GB RAM 3200 CL16) I get around 180fps on demanding games and 300ish on CSGO. Right now I have a DELL S2522HG 240hz IPS monitor and I'm wondering if the motion blur mode on this monitor and 390hz would benefit me somehow. Share your thoughts, I wanna hear them all, Thanks.

PS: I'm gonna grab an R5 5600x and a RX 6700xt to increase those FPS soon.