Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Dec 2021, 18:04

Jadzira wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 15:26
Well, cause the game is better optimized for 360 FPS rather than 390 FPS.
What mouse Hz are you using?

1000 Hz is no longer enough for today.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Boop

Post by Boop » 02 Dec 2021, 04:44

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 18:04
Jadzira wrote:

Does this also apply if the game doesn't maintain ≥ 360 FPS? Apex Legends will not let you go above the 300 FPS cap and usually runs around 200 FPS in the Battle Royale mode.

Many pro Apex players actually cap their FPS at 190 to have more consistent frame times. Would their 1000 Hz mice not be enough if they're using 360/390 Hz monitor at 190 FPS in game?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 02 Dec 2021, 12:48

Boop wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:44
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Jadzira wrote:

Does this also apply if the game doesn't maintain ≥ 360 FPS? Apex Legends will not let you go above the 300 FPS cap and usually runs around 200 FPS in the Battle Royale mode.

Many pro Apex players actually cap their FPS at 190 to have more consistent frame times. Would their 1000 Hz mice not be enough if they're using 360/390 Hz monitor at 190 FPS in game?
apex legend pros? pros at vtubing?

jk but seriously that game is still stuck on 190hz hard cap after so long? wow. not just a few companies took their covid wfh vacation extention to infinity

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 02 Dec 2021, 13:05

lyrill wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 12:48
jk but seriously that game is still stuck on 190hz hard cap after so long? wow. not just a few companies took their covid wfh vacation extention to infinity
Respawn Entertainment with Titanfall series and Apex Legends have badly optimized netcode too. If not one of the worst out there, not sure if they fixed it. I never understood appeal of battle royale games either.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

woland

Post by woland » 02 Dec 2021, 15:02

Discorz wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 13:05
lyrill wrote:
Respawn Entertainment with Titanfall series and Apex Legends have badly optimized netcode too. If not one of the worst out there, not sure if they fixed it. I never understood appeal of battle royale games either.
Several months ago a patch was released that fixed the stutter beyond 190 fps. It's been smooth ever since.

Jadzira

Post by Jadzira » 02 Dec 2021, 16:53

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Jadzira wrote:

Well, I am using Logitech G pro gaming with Hero 25K sensor.
Why do you think 1000 Hz is not enough anymore?
lizardpeter wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 17:47
Jadzira wrote:
Well, cause the game is better optimized for 360 FPS rather than 390 FPS. Also I wanted to mention that I did some tests and Adaptive V-sync seems to be better working than Fast Sync. Still I am waiting for some real tests. I hope Rtings will benchmark this monitor as solid as they can :)
Why is it better optimized for 360 FPS over 390 FPS? The amount of FPS is dependent on what is going on and your system. Are you talking about Hz instead of FPS? There shouldn't be any kind of downside to running it at 390 Hz over 360 Hz. Also, how competitive of a player are you? Fast Sync should be adding latency that most competitive players would find completely unacceptable. You really notice the screen tearing at such high refresh rates and frame rates?
I was talking about FPS and I really do notice screen tearing, especially in such a fast paced game as Fortnite, fast edits/shots take less than second, double/tripple edits as well. When you are doing few actions quickly, you'll notice difference as a competitive player.
I used Asus VG279QM 280 Hz and when I was playing with gsync and vsync on, it had cap FPS at 260 itself.
I used Dell Alienware 360 Hz and when I was playing with gsync and vsync on, it had cap FPS at 326 or 328 (I don't remember now) itself.
I am playing on Acer 390 Hz now and its safe to keep it below refresh rate 360 FPS is really safe for 390 Hz.
I wanted to use VRB cause that technology is insane and delivery pretty clear image however I experienced screen tearing.
My goal was to prevent it so I tried fast sync (which indeed added latency) and adaptive sync (if added latency it was not really noticeable).
Anyway I am waiting for some real tests for this monitor, cause I don't have hardwares to do it.
Last edited by Jadzira on 03 Dec 2021, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 02 Dec 2021, 20:58

Discorz wrote:
Yeah, I always noticed that about Titanfall and Apex. It's one of the reasons I decided I did not like Apex after only a few hours of playing. Good hardware and monitors like this one are just wasted on games that have AWFUL code to start and poor connection quality.

The only battle royale games I stuck with for a long time were Fortnite and Warzone. I played one of the original battle royale games (H1Z1) right when it launched. That game and PUBG are disgusting, imo. I don't know how people enjoy such awful netcode, buggy movement, and slow-paced action. At least Warzone has the Call of Duty movement and gameplay that is generally much more snappy and refined. Fortnite really was a breath of fresh air coming from H1Z1 and PUBG though. The latency was much lower, the FPS was much higher, and the gameplay was actually fun. Well, that was before I pretty much stopped playing around season 8. I still have over 1000 wins from the earlier seasons, however.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

davidoo

Post by davidoo » 03 Dec 2021, 20:07

lizardpeter wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 17:53
davidoo wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 14:25
Does anyone here use this monitor for csgo?
I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

also does it have display scaling? and does it run good in native in csgo?
Thinking about buying this to replace my vg279qm.
I kind of stopped playing CS a long time ago. Now I play a few times a year with some friends. Everything looks and feels good to me. Can't really comment on it specifically in CS more than that. If you read through this post you'll see my overall thoughts on the monitor that I've posted many times after using it for a few months.

It does have display scaling. I am using it right now on that mode.

Thanks, i appreciate the comment anyways :D Might do the upgrade, but the VG279QM is still very good and responsive to my feeling.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 04 Dec 2021, 15:08

Discorz wrote:
lyrill wrote:
well I mean apart from arma 3 royale everything else is a joke i think is the commonly agreed among the real savvy bois. even I have to give it that, although I never played it, I don't have to. cus i'm the arma 2 highhorse hahah. in any case they actually threw in a real mod in the steam, like them age of empires bullshit or any of those old games and they list it again with the wrong "release dates" as if steam stands for suddenly all of old school gamers (lol, as if GOG isn't widely known, or not even that, most people from not wealthy countries which also coincide with a huge chunk of not just pc gamers but also the esport crowds too, Well this sounds backwards but you know what I mean).. back in the day it was launched on nexusmodmanager...u know, the one people used for skyrim gigglies.

also I just found out the arcane stuff from netflix is already over...and it's not even released in one go like what must be considered standard procedure for nf/amzn for years.......?? oh wait, I remember, Expanse last season or 2 was one of them released by the week, cus they realize their web centric strategy can't completely beat HBO/showtime/tnt/ etc hahahaha. OH and it's 1080p only. lmfao. cus legacy LOL players...? (disclaimer I haven't even watched it yet but reading some quick 1 star bits it's sounding like not out of this world good for sure)
Last edited by lyrill on 04 Dec 2021, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 04 Dec 2021, 15:15

lizardpeter wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 20:58
Discorz wrote:
Yeah, I always noticed that about Titanfall and Apex. It's one of the reasons I decided I did not like Apex after only a few hours of playing. Good hardware and monitors like this one are just wasted on games that have AWFUL code to start and poor connection quality.

The only battle royale games I stuck with for a long time were Fortnite and Warzone. I played one of the original battle royale games (H1Z1) right when it launched. That game and PUBG are disgusting, imo. I don't know how people enjoy such awful netcode, buggy movement, and slow-paced action. At least Warzone has the Call of Duty movement and gameplay that is generally much more snappy and refined. Fortnite really was a breath of fresh air coming from H1Z1 and PUBG though. The latency was much lower, the FPS was much higher, and the gameplay was actually fun. Well, that was before I pretty much stopped playing around season 8. I still have over 1000 wins from the earlier seasons, however.
well pubg became much smoother, and before that they already removed 144hz cap long ago, as in there is literally zero cap, so whatever fps u can get goes... but realistically on top hardware as said before, 300-500 at most haha, it's not like csgo for sure, but I find it surprising csgo doesn't get much insane fps either, well I mean I haven't played it not even quarterly but I did notice as I said before the added movement penalties and paralax blur effects and whatnot..after pubg took off...(back then all the monitors selling were for PUBG and that was why 144hz was also stuck in the mainstream long past even 2017/18. it was removed something late 18 early 19 no later than that timeframe, maybe even early 18, i can't recall ancient history lmfao) all this long before people even knew apex has 180hz cap.

fortnite was such a huge betrayal of the og vision tho, that is the dayzmod vision (if it actually even existed as PU claimed, a truly og br mod based on a mod of arma 2 that was dayz) so like, it's like the og mcdonalds brothers and then you have ray who franchised it so that's like whatever brendan greene did with arma3 h1z1 pubg . but then with fortnite and etc it's like your french or singapore or thai mcdonalds with added local foods and wacky bullshit that's got nothing to do with good ol american local store fresh cooked burger whatsoever, it's just whatever sells...but even now some top streamers like that french dude is tired of fortnite calling bs on hotdropping then getting killed..well that's the problem created by fast pacing themselves...so kinda ironic

on the other hand slow pace gamers hate slow pace just as well. but this is not a thread for extending that ancient talk.
Last edited by lyrill on 05 Dec 2021, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.