Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ftwknx

Re: Acer 390Hz monitor - XV252QF

Post by ftwknx » 26 Jan 2022, 15:10

Vipa wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 12:38
Hi everyone, it's my first post, I wanted to stop ghosting this forum ahahahah,

Just wanted to do a little feedback. I got a XV252QF from Acer Store France, my last monitor was a XL2546K but after I tried 4 of them, 3 with dead/bright pixels, one with those large bezels misaligned with the panel itself, I tried the XV252QF.
To stay unlucky, 6 bright pixels (I can litteraly send pictures of each monitors, I'm so f***** bored).

Apart from this, I'll buy another XL2546K. The XV52QF is quite good BUT the brightness is too dimm to me, it's quite unplayable if you're used to brightness 100 on XL2546K, you can't see shit, like for real. Im a 26 yo player with 5k hours of CSS probably the same ammount for CoD, a lot of event/french online eSport on many games like CoD, CS, etc. I only live for FPS, even tho I have a PS5 and a Switch laying in my room. I was master or grandmaster on OW, GE on CS, on my way to be Onyx on Halo Infinite, and I want to tryhard Valorant to be at least Immortal. (I can't play 15h a day so it takes time rofl)

I would not recommend the XV252QF if you plan to use VRB and you like it BRIGHT, because it's NOT... The normal mode is barely noticeable and you still have a ton of ghosting, while being a pretty fast pannel tho (Tried the AW2521H which is a total MESS).

The next cons are Black Equalizer sucks and you have nowhere near as much as (color) settings the XL2546K have, so if you like your monitor in a certain way, you can't reproduce that. The XL2546K ruined my eyes, I litterally can't play with another monitor now, that's so sad. I tried the X25 from HP Omen and it's a serious competitor for fast paced fps like OW, but when it comes to CS/Valorant, and even on OW/CoD/Halo Infinite, I do prefer the motion clarity that offers the XL2546K.
I also tried the AW2521HFA which is areally bad, tons of ghosting, I may have a bad unit.

So... I am quite disappointed, because BenQ Zowie's quality control seems to suck, and their monitors are near to perfect to me, I'll try another one and pray for a flawless one this time.
I gave up on XV252QF since to me it's unusable competitively, being to dimm with VRB on Extreme made it unusable. And I can't keep it since I do prefer DyAc+ even if it add some input lag, which is barely but still noticeable and like I said, the settings are far far better, I can change settings really easily even without S-Switch.

Can't wait to see a 360Hz AUO IPS tuned by Zowie or maybe a 360/480Hz TN panel !

If you have some questions, I can answer, but I have to say I don't have any of those monitors anymore, a new XL2546K is on its way.

Have a nice day. :D

After buying this monitor, I can agree with you. VRB on extreme is just unplayable in competitive games. I don't understand how anyone is actually able to play like this, but I'm not. 390 Hz is great, but VRB's brightness isn't. Returning it as soon as the XL2546K arrives.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 26 Jan 2022, 16:52

ftwknx wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:10
Vipa wrote:

Just wanted to do a little feedback. I got a XV252QF from Acer Store France, my last monitor was a XL2546K but after I tried 4 of them, 3 with dead/bright pixels, one with those large bezels misaligned with the panel itself, I tried the XV252QF.
To stay unlucky, 6 bright pixels (I can litteraly send pictures of each monitors, I'm so f***** bored).

Apart from this, I'll buy another XL2546K. The XV52QF is quite good BUT the brightness is too dimm to me, it's quite unplayable if you're used to brightness 100 on XL2546K, you can't see shit, like for real. Im a 26 yo player with 5k hours of CSS probably the same ammount for CoD, a lot of event/french online eSport on many games like CoD, CS, etc. I only live for FPS, even tho I have a PS5 and a Switch laying in my room. I was master or grandmaster on OW, GE on CS, on my way to be Onyx on Halo Infinite, and I want to tryhard Valorant to be at least Immortal. (I can't play 15h a day so it takes time rofl)

I would not recommend the XV252QF if you plan to use VRB and you like it BRIGHT, because it's NOT... The normal mode is barely noticeable and you still have a ton of ghosting, while being a pretty fast pannel tho (Tried the AW2521H which is a total MESS).

The next cons are Black Equalizer sucks and you have nowhere near as much as (color) settings the XL2546K have, so if you like your monitor in a certain way, you can't reproduce that. The XL2546K ruined my eyes, I litterally can't play with another monitor now, that's so sad. I tried the X25 from HP Omen and it's a serious competitor for fast paced fps like OW, but when it comes to CS/Valorant, and even on OW/CoD/Halo Infinite, I do prefer the motion clarity that offers the XL2546K.
I also tried the AW2521HFA which is areally bad, tons of ghosting, I may have a bad unit.

So... I am quite disappointed, because BenQ Zowie's quality control seems to suck, and their monitors are near to perfect to me, I'll try another one and pray for a flawless one this time.
I gave up on XV252QF since to me it's unusable competitively, being to dimm with VRB on Extreme made it unusable. And I can't keep it since I do prefer DyAc+ even if it add some input lag, which is barely but still noticeable and like I said, the settings are far far better, I can change settings really easily even without S-Switch.

Can't wait to see a 360Hz AUO IPS tuned by Zowie or maybe a 360/480Hz TN panel !

If you have some questions, I can answer, but I have to say I don't have any of those monitors anymore, a new XL2546K is on its way.

After buying this monitor, I can agree with you. VRB on extreme is just unplayable in competitive games. I don't understand how anyone is actually able to play like this, but I'm not. 390 Hz is great, but VRB's brightness isn't. Returning it as soon as the XL2546K arrives.
Glad I'm not that crazy. I dont understand people saying 230 Nits is perfect to play competitively, it's not, even playing in the dark which is not the best to do btw.
Too bad because this monitor could be the best ever if it could maintain 420 Nits while VRB is on Extreme. :)

Refull

Post by Refull » 26 Jan 2022, 19:27

ftwknx wrote:
Vipa wrote:

can you show a video regarding brightness with vrb on extreme on csgo?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 27 Jan 2022, 02:06

Vipa wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 16:52
ftwknx wrote:
Vipa wrote:

Glad I'm not that crazy. I dont understand people saying 230 Nits is perfect to play competitively, it's not, even playing in the dark which is not the best to do btw.
Too bad because this monitor could be the best ever if it could maintain 420 Nits while VRB is on Extreme. :)
yeah because having the monitors too bright IS hurtful. esp a high refresh rate one.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 27 Jan 2022, 02:59

Refull wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 19:27
ftwknx wrote:
Vipa wrote:

can you show a video regarding brightness with vrb on extreme on csgo?
It's too hard to see on a video nor a photograph bro, you have to face it IRL, but I can swear if you want, this is not enough to play competitively. As Bijan Jamshidi said on his video, you have to close the curtains, and even with that, I can't see shit on dark games like some map on CS GO, Warzone, Vanguard, etc. And my settings are 1.8 Gamma and 10/10 Black Equalizer with max brightness and the colors are like shit ith those settings...
Meanwhile on the Zowie, I can set whatever I want, the black equalizer is miles better as the color vibrance setting, and of course, the brightness is 100 times better. I'll definitely buy another XL2546K.

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 27 Jan 2022, 08:09

Vipa wrote:

the low brightness with extreme vbr was the first thing I pointed out but he no longer spoke because many replied that for them it was good so, indeed, someone also told me that it was too bright, at that point I thought I was crazy.

I hate any form of strobing, but even wanting to use it on this monitor it is impossible for me, too dark.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 27 Jan 2022, 08:42

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 08:09
Vipa wrote:

the low brightness with extreme vbr was the first thing I pointed out but he no longer spoke because many replied that for them it was good so, indeed, someone also told me that it was too bright, at that point I thought I was crazy.

I hate any form of strobing, but even wanting to use it on this monitor it is impossible for me, too dark.
No way someone could find it too birght with VRB on Extreme, it's 230 Nits, how can it be too bright with 230 Nits while the majority of monitors out there can push to 420 Nits nowadays...

To answer to the upper post which mention high brightness monitors which can be hurtful, you are seeing it the wrong way. We do not want 400 Nits with VRB on Extreme, we want a range which can go higher than 230 Nits, if the monitor could do VRB Extreme at 350 Nits like the Zowie, there would be no problem because you'll have some room to push when you need. My gaming room is ultra BRIGHT, so I need a monitor which is bright, it's simple as that, the Zowie was perfect for that use, the Acer is not. And like I said, VRB on Normal... you can't really see a difference to be worth. But the XV252QF is a good monitor btw, it's just not for me.

Vipa

Post by Vipa » 27 Jan 2022, 08:45

Now i'm asking myself, with all the issues I got with XL2546K at a price point in France of 557€ on Amazon... Shall I buy a XL2546 at 454€ on Amazon ? Maybe on those old monitors the reliability is better, and I don't think there are much differences between K or non K version... (I don't care about the stand, I'm using a Ergotron LX Arm. :)

Refull

Post by Refull » 27 Jan 2022, 09:47

Jesus I was closing the buy on the qf for csgo , the zu is even lower

planart

Post by planart » 27 Jan 2022, 11:26

I don't understand the brightness complaints. 250cmd2 is plenty - could be even too much for blacked out room. Calibration recommendations start at 120cmd2 for dimmed rooms. White should not scorch your eyes or feel "bright"- it should look more like neutral paper on a table. Up your ingame brightness if you're having problems seeing, don't battle it with extreme brightness setting. Something like over 400cmd in SDR in a dark room, with VRB on can get incredibly taxing for your eyehealth in long run. I would highly advice against it to not get used to something like that.

Use something neutral like 250cmd2 awhile, get used to it and you'll see how crazy it is to use anything more.

This is in a dimmed down room.

If space is very lit, or even direct sunlight then higher brightness can be adviced for visibility.