Going crazy from microstutter/framelag

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Argus

Re: Going crazy from microstutter/framelag

Post by Argus » 10 Jun 2021, 08:42

Kertwaii wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 21:36
Since you mention ghosting and other artifacts from what I understand this can only be caused by a monitor.
Tried tweaking overdrive settings e.t.c.? Does this happen when you don't use G-SYNC?
Either your system produces stutters that in result produce more artifacts when using G-SYNC or it's some monitor settings, can't think of anything else
I reset my monitor to factory settings multiple times and made sure to re-install the driver. My latencymon does show storport.sys has have very high latency but I have no idea if that's truly the cause or how to fix it. It's strange because I never had this issue before on my old 5820K system.

Kertwaii

Post by Kertwaii » 10 Jun 2021, 22:05

Are you using the same SSD/HDD since that time? If it's an SSD is it atleast 20% free?

Argus

Post by Argus » 11 Jun 2021, 15:04

An update

For some reason after I reinstalled windows 8.1 today, my monitor is now permanently jittery no matter what I do. I have no idea what happened but now it's just significantly worse than before. There was much more obvious microstutter despite settings being the same as previous installs and various nvidia driver version were properly cleaned and reinstalled. I even went back to windows 10 which I knew had a "perfect G-sync/frame smoothness" moment before and it's still jittery. I think my GPU or monitor are messed up now somehow.
Kertwaii wrote:
10 Jun 2021, 22:05
Are you using the same SSD/HDD since that time? If it's an SSD is it atleast 20% free?
Regarding the SSD, I removed my oldest SSD from the system completely yet I still get this new jitter issue which was never present previously, even on my "bad" setups. I have no clue what's going on anymore. I'm currently on the latest windows 10 builds with no tweaks.